Something NEW in the Garage

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So, I've always wanted one of these-every since I first layed eyes on one. I was able to find a brand new--zero miles--still in the crate--2007 25th anniversity model Honda Interceptor. I couldn't resist! Now she's sharing the garage with the big brother 'busa!

interceptor 800 002.jpg

:thumbsup:

I used to own a '00 LE VFR (yellow) and absolutely loved that bike, they are just so well put together and balanced just a blast to ride and own. You dont see many of them cruisin around, always got questions and looks everywhere I went.

Beautiful bike man, love the paint scheme and congrats :beerchug:

Hi,
Need some help.
I notice as for you Hayabusa, you have the 'hump' and handle fixed together. Did you have to alter / cut a portion of your hump to get the handle mounted.

As for mine, I can only fix the handle if I put the back seat whereas if I fix the hump instead fo the back seat, I can't mount the handle.

Do I need to purchase a new hump?
Or do I have to cut part of the hump to be able to fix the handle. Does anyone have dimensions or sketch of how to cut the hump.

.......Nik

Hi,
Need some help.
I notice as for you Hayabusa, you have the 'hump' and handle fixed together. Did you have to alter / cut a portion of your hump to get the handle mounted.

As for mine, I can only fix the handle if I put the back seat whereas if I fix the hump instead fo the back seat, I can't mount the handle.

Or do I have to cut part of the hump to be able to fix the handle. Does anyone have dimensions or sketch of how to cut the hump.

.......Nik

do a search under hump mod its there ...and welcome :laugh:

i always thought the interceptors were great bikes...if they had built them in larger cc's...and just as fun...well..i would have another in the garage

Thanks everyone! Yea, I was lucky to find a brand new one still kicking around. I got it for what I think was a GREAT price--$7300 plus tax. I think new they were somewhere between $10-11,000. So far I've ridden it about 300 miles--nice bike, I like it--but honestly--it will NEVER replace my 'busa! I'm planning on keeping it pretty much stock--maybe add a set of OEM hard bags.

Hi,
Need some help.

.......Nik

Yea, as Residentevil said--do a search. Basically you have to cut your hump to fit around the handle. I traced a pattern, used a dremmel to cut a little at a time.

Back