something MENTAL to think about

Wow, I looked at wikipedia for a summary. I have vague recollections of similar concepts in 1984 and maybe an excerpt of Brave New World in one of our textbooks. Soma rings a bell but it has been so long that I will just have to read the thing again some day soon.

You people rock!  and I love everyone one of you.  especially my shirt..... mmmm.... it's so soooooft..... oh sorry, I took some 'e' for lunch....
laugh.gif
 I wouldn't know anything about that.
whistling.gif

I am with ya, my son Gavin has in the past had trouble paying attention in class (he is 8), his old teacher wanted us to have him "seen", we refused.  We talked to him and worked hard to spend more time involved with his school life and things got better.  Then we had to move from Alaska to Washington and he was of course moved to a new school.  No problems whatsoever!  My wife and I were so happy and did not understand why he was so much more focused and escited about school, then we had our first parent / teacher confrence.  His new teacher is 34, tall, and absolutely smoking hot!  I about died laughing, he always comes home talking about Mrs.Dowell this and Mrs.Dowell that etc...  The boy has now officially had his first crush!  Now that is funny right there
beerchug.gif
  he did not need drugs, just a hotter teacher!
thumb_up.gif
Just about fell on the floor laughing. I suffered from the same brand of "A.D.D."
Some of my teachers just inpsired me more. I suppose that sometimes I respected them so much that I couldn't miss an assignment or a lab. How do you rank 2nd with an A+ in your Biology Class and absolutely spend your entire year in Algebra class daydreaming. Potential is there, reward will reveal it.

For the hunter, the reward is obvious. For the student, the reward is not.
I must have the same form of ADD. Right up until I graduated from university I would study in the central acedemic building instead of the engineering building because there were hotter girls. Even then, it took me many years to realize that I worked harder when there were good looking girls around...

I also had trouble in school. Was it ADD? No, I was just bored. I needed a mental challenge to dive into. Most of my teachers just wanted to load us down with work to keep up busy. I wanted to learn new things that the schools hadn't even started teaching. I know now that even the boring things need to be done, and I still look for the challenges in my life to tackle.

One of my boys had a teacher that actually told me that he couldn't be at school unless he was medicated. She used statements like "If you could only see how upset he is..." to guilt us into bringing him an ADD medication. She had the school principle backing her up until I called a lawyer from the school office and asked if the school was doing something illegal. He was actually diagnosed with ADD, and he grew out of it just like a Navy Pediatrician said he would. He's now in High School and doesn't require anything to keep him on track aside from a usual "get your butt in gear" talks that most teenagers require.

In reality anything that causes you to be distracted can be classified as ADD. Some people have "Sexual ADD" and others have "TV ADD". How many people have "Phone ADD"? Let's just list all the ADD types as "Life". Most of the symptoms will fade if somebody gets one.

I am with ya, my son Gavin has in the past had trouble paying attention in class (he is 8), his old teacher wanted us to have him "seen", we refused.  We talked to him and worked hard to spend more time involved with his school life and things got better.  Then we had to move from Alaska to Washington and he was of course moved to a new school.  No problems whatsoever!  My wife and I were so happy and did not understand why he was so much more focused and escited about school, then we had our first parent / teacher confrence.  His new teacher is 34, tall, and absolutely smoking hot!  I about died laughing, he always comes home talking about Mrs.Dowell this and Mrs.Dowell that etc...  The boy has now officially had his first crush!  Now that is funny right there
beerchug.gif
  he did not need drugs, just a hotter teacher!
thumb_up.gif
Just about fell on the floor laughing. I suffered from the same brand of "A.D.D."
Some of my teachers just inpsired me more. I suppose that sometimes I respected them so much that I couldn't miss an assignment or a lab. How do you rank 2nd with an A+ in your Biology Class and absolutely spend your entire year in Algebra class daydreaming. Potential is there, reward will reveal it.

For the hunter, the reward is obvious. For the student, the reward is not.
I must have the same form of ADD. Right up until I graduated from university I would study in the central acedemic building instead of the engineering building because there were hotter girls. Even then, it took me many years to realize that I worked harder when there were good looking girls around...
Cracking up here...
laugh.gif

Same thing goes in the gym when some "hotness" is around. I always get more reps out of a set that way, ten instead of eight, a few more dips with more stretch; an extra plate on the leg press; better form and more concentration on barbell curls.

One of my boys had a teacher that actually told me that he couldn't be at school unless he was medicated.  She used statements like "If you could only see how upset he is..." to guilt us into bringing him an ADD medication.  She had the school principle backing her up until I called a lawyer from the school office and asked if the school was doing something illegal.  He was actually diagnosed with ADD, and he grew out of it just like a Navy Pediatrician said he would.  He's now in High School and doesn't require anything to keep him on track aside from a usual "get your butt in gear" talks that most teenagers require.

In reality anything that causes you to be distracted can be classified as ADD.  Some people have "Sexual ADD" and others have "TV ADD".  How many people have "Phone ADD"?  Let's just list all the ADD types as "Life".  Most of the symptoms will fade if somebody gets one.
Good save!!!

Way to go when dealing with that foolish teacher. Legal advice/action is valuable in times like these.

My last job gave me "ADD". Yes, I looked up the symptoms, and I believe it was full on ADD. BUT, it was what the job required me to and be - it was in the job desciption I kid you not, and I beleive it was inhumane. Now I have a new job, and I have no more "ADD". Shocking, huh? It wasn't a "Disorder" at all really - it was simply too many dishes in the dishwasher at an uncaring company

Just remember when you are "Diagnosed", their conclusions are general guestimations, and not validated like REAL doctors have to be. They may be certified, but that's not saying anything.

...and you can make up a disorder for ANYTHING.

A.H.A.D. .... Acute Hayabusa.org Addiction Disorder ;)

Back