Some winter upgrades!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
I added a set of 2009 Gsxr 1000 Calipers from ebay. (This paired up with SS lines, a brembo radial master cylinder, and better pads.) They are lighter then the stockers, better construction (No bolts holding it together), and have a much better feel and power felt at the lever. I also had my stock rear sets powder coated. I removed the gilles that I had on there. I did like them a lot, but my knees where killing me half the time when I rode. Not the rear sets fault, mine due to past injuries.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

The calipers were a direct bolt on. The wheels are stock, but the flash makes them look more yellow.

NIce Tim. That Gixer brake looks interesting. Was it new on ebay or used?

It was off a used 09 Gsxr 1000 with 700 miles on it. I got them for 150. Now both the 09 1k and the 08 busa have a similiar feel in braking less the different brands in the radial master.

Nice.

I did the 09 Brake calipers to my 08 busa a few years back and liked the feel. I also use the GSXR master cylinder, it needed a bit of modding to my Helibars and the Master cylinder with a dremel but worked out in the end and there was plenty of clearance for the Master Cylinder with the fairing.
I also have the Gillies rearsets and find them quite comfortable, but I do have them at their lowest setting to give me the most leg room (not as worried about the ground clearance as I usually do get down that far on the street).

Safe riding.

Rumble

Here are the gilles off the bike. I did like them a lot! But my injury to my knee has been off and on lately. I do have them on the lowest setting. I found them to have more direct input while going from side to side. Also the shifting was better do to the roller bearing design and it not shifting around like the stockers. The stock rear sets move some due to the rubber gromets that isolate vibration. Everything is a trade off!

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

SANY0009.jpg

SANY0013.jpg

Back