Some days you are better off not riding

RX1Jim

Registered
I went out to get my Busa inspected at at shop today (annual NY State inspection) which went fine then I decided to go for a short ride before heading home to take care of the weekend projects. I heade out on some scenic roads and found myself day dreaming a lot, not being smooth in the turns, cars apearing in the rear mirror out of nowhere and overall just feeling out of it. I decided to quit the ride, headed home and took it easy. I just came of a week of high workload and stress, 18 hour long work days from last Sunday to yesterday installing a large computer system for a customer. I probably saved myself from an accident by quitting early today. I'll see how it goes tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be good for a ride.

Even without the accident risk, it's not a good practice to spend time with something you care about and not enjoy it.

Ask my ex.

Sean

did you eat some bath salts before rideing??... probably saved yourself some really bad expereinces :laugh:

Sometimes a ride will clear your head, and sometimes if your head's not clear, it's best to park it. Good on 'ya for making the right choice.

You did the right thing:thumbsup: If your not feeling it, park it:beerchug:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Good choice! There have been times I turned around within 3 miles of leaving the house due to my mind was wandering on other things besides the ride.
i will not ride my bike to work if I know I will be working a double shift or if I am feeling tired in the morning.
Sometimes its just best to turn around and park it

good decision! better to keep yourself and your ride in one piece without rash :beerchug:

Been there before, it's a real strange feeling that you get, and you just hear that voice in your head saying turn the FU.K around before you kill yourself. Thanks for the honest post. Always tomorrow if we're lucky

Riding when over tired is pretty much the same as riding drunk........You made the right decesion to stop ther ride.

did you eat some bath salts before rideing??... probably saved yourself some really bad expereinces :laugh:

Just for the record Chris, there were no bath salts found in the SFlorida Zombie,
just good ole MaryJane in his system....:whistle: I think the dude was just jonesin :laugh:

I am glad to see this posted. :thumbsup: It is really important to be aware of how engaged you are. Not having your head on right in a car is one thing... but you don't fall off of a car. :laugh:

Honestly, the day that I let my bike fall over in the driveway, I should not have been anywhere near a motorcycle. Probably saved me an off. I had my head that far up my .... well, you know. I still think there is a possibility my guardian angel push it over. :lol:

Good call, its about 6 miles to get to the highways for me, there's been many times i've gotten to the gas station by the highway and called my brother or whoever im gonna ride with to tell em i'm not feeling it and gonna park it. Happens to the best of us!

Back