Solo ride today...

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
It was an almost perfect day to ride here in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. It was 75 and partly to mostly cloudy. Took a leisurely 3 hour ride, about 175 miles from Wichita Falls up to the Wichita Mountains in South Oklahoma and back. Snapped a few pics along the way and thought i'd share. Without further delay...

Some nice less travled open road in south Oklahoma...

MVC-830X.jpg

a really old house that i thought would make a good back drop...

MVC-828X.jpg

A stop at the bottom of Mt. Scott at one of the small lakes...

MVC-831X.jpg

half way up the towering 2500 foot Mt. Scott i stopped for a quick pic..

MVC-833X.jpg

and finally the halfway point of my journey, the top of the great and TOWERING MT. SCOTT! The highest point in Oklahoma! A stagering 2500 FT above sea level! Sorry i dont have more pics... i had set the camera on 1024x768 pics and that fills up a floppy disk real quick!

MVC-834X.jpg

Great pics! Thanx for sharing. Group rides are fun, but sometimes it's nice to head out on your own and do a little exploring. It's my favorite kind of therapy!

Yes it was a great ride... it was my "therapy" session... i've had alot going on lately and to make a long story short i was facing possible seperation from the Air Force for my heart condition. My medical records went before the board and they cleared me and returned me to full duty with no restrictions! It was a huge releife since i've been in 14 years now and have just 6 to go until retirement!
cool.gif

I think you could park a Busa in front of the local Landfill, and it would STILL make for a beautiful pic!!

Nice shots btw..

BUSAFETT

Great pics thanks for posting them and glad to hear that you will not be seperated from the Air Force. Would be a shame to put all that time in and then lose the retirement.

Nice shots....is the road good and twistie up to the top? looks like some nice roads with no traffic!
cool.gif

Great pics thanks for posting them and glad to hear that you will not be seperated from the Air Force.  Would be a shame to put all that time in and then lose the retirement.
Thanks for the kind words! I was sweating bullets wondering if i was going to be kicked out or not... i had to wait for the process to unfold for 5 months! Glad its all over now!

Nice shots....is the road good and twistie up to the top?     looks like some nice roads with no traffic!
cool.gif
Yea i guess you could call it twisties! It spirals all the way up the mountain so its a almost constant left hand turn up the mountain... or should i say hill since its only 2500 feet!

Glad to hear you were re-instated, but what about the heart condition?
rock.gif

AND, who uses floppy disks these days?
laugh.gif

Glad to hear you were re-instated, but what about the heart condition?
rock.gif

AND, who uses floppy disks these days?
laugh.gif
eh... errr... my heart is fine now after surgery! And uhhh... i use floppy disks in my Sony Mavica Digital camera!
smile.gif
I've had this thing for like 7 years... its still takin pictures so the wife wont let me get another one!

TSgt, hate to tell ya, but Mt. Scott isn't the highest point in Oklahoma
sad.gif
. Black Mesa (where Okla, Col., Kansas and New Mexico comverge is at 4,973 feet), but Mt Scott is the highest standing hill or mountain in the state
biggrin.gif

"OH" Yea, your pictures are Great !!
race.gif

Good looking pics, glad everything worked out for you with the Air Force. My son came home this past weekend from Wichita Falls he too is in the AF. I showed him your pic of you and your Busa he said he will keep an open eye out while on Base.
Again Glad all is working out for you.

Back