High speed wobble

nyrican

Registered
Went for a ride down to Wichita Falls yesterday and after about 120 - 130 the bike felt a little wobbly, sorta really light in the front, so I lean forward as much as I could but it didnt help much, it was pretty windy though,  here in Oklahoma we're almost used to the wind , do I need to upgrade to a better steering damper or you guys"or gals" think something could be wrong with the bike?

<!--EDIT|nyrican
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081185406 -->

I ride in/with/against the wind all the time. If it was really bad sounds like something wrong with bike. Air pressure up?

Should not get whobble only drift in the winds. Check your tire, dampenr and tire pressure.

Check your air pressure. And also, what tires are you ruinning. Some tires are not near as stable as others at speed so it can make a big difference, especially on such a heavy bike. If you are using stock tires and have correct pressure than you have a problem because Busa's are very stable at speed, that is their forte'.

After that check things like wheel bearings, triple clamp bolts and bearings, uneven tire wear, somthing like that.

Let us know. I am very curious.

I came up on a tractor trailer the other day between 50 and 100 feet from him the bike started to wobble like she was coming apart. When I passed him the bike was fine. Dirty Wind.

Take that thing to have it checked...sounds dangerous. Take care Boriqua!
wink.gif

Cool , tahnx for the replies, I'm runnin a 208 out front, I will prolly just take it up to the dealership but I just dont have a whole lot of faith in those guys.....I will check all the torque specs on the triple clamp ,forks,axle,tire and pressure,but what is there to check on the dampener?Mind you this bike has only about 2000 miles on it and has never been dropped..... thanx again

Check for a bent/warped rim... Maybe so slight you can't see it with your eye, but bent enough to cause the wobble...

When I put new tires on Pilot Road HP2 The front end felt kinda light. But after a couple hundred miles it is back to normal. Somethings make you go wtf.

T

i agree with timmyduck if it wasnt doing it b4 and now it does it. make sure ur tire wieghts are still there. hopefully u know how many u had.

Back