yesterday's trip

mynewride

Registered
yesterday started out to be one of alot of fun. i planned to head east with no map or direction. i met up with my dad and we left eldorado, ks on a beautiful sunny day. it wasnt supposed to rain. we headed out to the east and went south. i wanted to hit the corner of ks, ok, ak, and ms. would have been about a 6-7 hr ride. about 2 hrs in we started to see clouds building off to the south west. we decided to continue south and east. if nothing else we could head back north and west and beat it home....so we thought.
0210091430a.jpg

as we headed east on 400 the storm cought up with us. it started to sprinkle and the storm started to look pretty nasty to the south. so the trip got cut off and we headed north on 99 to catch 54hwy. we stayed ahead of the rain till we started heading west on 54. the wind kicked up to about 40mph with 60mph gusts and then it started raining. made it hard to keep the bike on the road. as we pulled back into the north side of eldorado the rain let up. we parked the bikes and no more than got onto my dads porch when it started hailing....whew, just missed it.
0210091623.jpg

then after the hail let up i headed back to wichita. just as i got onto the turnpike i got to see how well the busa's stock battleaxes dealth with heavy rain. and i was impressed. when i pulled into the south wichita exit i saw this huge rainbow...
0210091722.jpg

so 200 miles... 80 or so in the rain. not bad for my first cruiz on the busa with my father. damn the luck

What is Papa riding? Sounds like a fun trip. I remember the first time I hit a rain squall with my Busa,, pulled into the garage, stripped all panels, even nose, tail and started a heavy four hour regiment of obsessive detailing. The rain has a way of getting into the smallest of places. Q-Tips are my friend. :laugh:

Not exactly fun getting caught in the rain. That's what bridges are made for right :laugh: Sounds like you enjoyed yourself ...

well ya see i high sided it a while back.:whistle: im tryin to learn to plastic weld and save some bucks. :please:most of the damage was on the lower black section, so it will be easy to repaint. needless to say i wasnt sure that the bike would stay together with one side on only, so i just went naked.

plus i just finished replacing header tubes 1 and 2 due to a factory leak in the weld. didnt have time to put plastics on even if i had them finished. gotta keep ridin bro. especially when you have a chance to ride in 60+ degree weather in early feb in ks.

well ya see i high sided it a while back.:whistle: im tryin to learn to plastic weld and save some bucks. :please:most of the damage was on the lower black section, so it will be easy to repaint. needless to say i wasnt sure that the bike would stay together with one side on only, so i just went naked.

plus i just finished replacing header tubes 1 and 2 due to a factory leak in the weld. didnt have time to put plastics on even if i had them finished. gotta keep ridin bro. especially when you have a chance to ride in 60+ degree weather in early feb in ks.

Right on!!! Keep the rubber side down :thumbsup:

I HATE RAIN! AND I HATE COLD! I HATE CAGERS! I HATE SAND ON THE ROAD. MOST OF ALL, I HATE RAIN! Call me a wussy, I hate riding in the rain!:banghead:

Back