Soft bags: do the scratch the paint

MONSTRBUSA

Registered
I'm looking to buy some bags and the soft bags look like they would work fine for me type of riding, but i'm concerned that they will scratch the bike.

I'm looking at the Cortech brand. Anybody have those that can give the pros and cons of these bags? Paint rubbing etc.

thanks

I used the small Nelson Rigg CL 900 (I think). I had them on for about twelve months and the pad they came with worked very well - no damage to the paint.

My experience is that you will get some rubbing more than scratching. Try some 3M clear stick on stuff on all the friction areas. I have tested FieldSheer soft bags at triple digit speeds and they stay put. They have nice soft pads on the parts that contact the bike. My previous Joe Rocket bags would move around .

some guys have used painter's tape. I have also read about others using nonslip shelf liners.
31gwucENjmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have the Cortech Side bags didn't have an issue with the paint. It came with a foam type pad that it I used for the bags to rest against. I have seen people on here who said that they had issues with the paint even with the padding.

Is say get some 3M clear bra to put underneath. You can leave it on all the time and you'll barely notice it.

Droid via Tapatalk

i have a set of rka bags from tim at pashnit. they are great. no marks yet from rubbing. great bags. love em.

Been using them since '06 , can tell they've done any damage. Very convenient. 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off, carry them into the room.

Back