Soft saddle bags or tail bag?

xchief1320

Registered
Going on a 2 week ride and I need a little more storage and not sure which would be better. I have a lockable top case as well.

Which one do you prefer? I'm leaning towards the tail bag so I don't have to worry about the bags rubbing on the paint. But would like to have other suggestions before I pull the trigger..

thanks

100_5717 (Copy).JPG

I have the saddle bags and a tank bag. They have a soft rubber type that help them not to scratch the bike. For me it kind of evens the bike out as far as weight. Of course I don't think you can get as much in the saddle bags as the one you are showing in the pic.

I prefer the saddle bags and i just use 2" blue painters tape from lowes to cover my tail section when I have them mounted/ After the ride the low adhesion tape pulls right off.

I am looking at these Sedici Saddle Bags from Cycle gear
SEDICI Parts & Accessories - Toscana Saddlebags - Cycle Gear

Tail bag
SEDICI Veneto Tail Bag - Parts & Accessories - Cycle Gear

I also have a tank bag I forgot to mention. I keep my netbook for datalogging and gun in it so it's pretty full.

I have the saddle bags and a tank bag. They have a soft rubber type that help them not to scratch the bike. For me it kind of evens the bike out as far as weight. Of course I don't think you can get as much in the saddle bags as the one you are showing in the pic.
Makes sense. One thing with a tail bag is I would have to remove it to open the case.

I prefer the saddle bags and i just use 2" blue painters tape from lowes to cover my tail section when I have them mounted/ After the ride the low adhesion tape pulls right off.

Good suggestion, Thanks

I use the Nelson Rigg CL1030 expandable tank bag and Cortech expandable saddlebags. Been using the saddlebags for several years and several thousand miles. No issues at all paint or otherwise. Enough room with this setup for a long weekend at the beach for the wife and I.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back