HMF Hi Mounts and soft bags........

FL Knifemaker

Registered
I'm going to slowly set up my 05 for some medium range touring......Daytona, the Keys, etc.  Last weeked I checked out GJokers HMF's and thought they looked and sounded great............whenever I could get within range anyway
tounge.gif
 My only concern is if they will interfere with the soft bags that I would use on occasion???  I know the CF cans run pretty cool.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113357197 -->

Dammit Man!!

You guys aren't telling me what I want to hear!!!

biggrin.gif

I guess the Cruise Missile is going with a 4 into 1 as originally planned. I appreciate the feedback.

i had similar high mounts on my VTR 1000

Carbon cans

When I rode across Australia with a pair of soft saddle bags I was initially concerned that they would not go well together.

However I had no troubles at all with thte combination.

The carbon cans were significantly cooler than stainless.

As we all know you cant touch a stainless can after even a short ride, but with the carbon on my VTR you could hold them without fear of charred skin. Not saying they werent pretty warm but not quite enough to burn you.

moX

imo,

My thought was if there was some space between the carbon fiber can and the bag, it would be OK. Maybe I'll get the bags and see if I can eyeball where the would hang on GJokers bike.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113357165 -->

How about using a tank bag and a tail bag, (instead of saddle bags) That's what Im planning to use when I go up to Deals gap, should be enought room for a few days clothes. Im looking at getting a Joe Rocket Velocity tail bag.
Unless your going to have a passenger.

imo,

My thought was if there was some space between the carbon fiber can and the bag, it would be OK. Maybe I'll get the bags and see if I can eyeball where the would hang on GJokers bike.
Sure thing ,Neil.. just let me know when you got 'em and we'll hook up one of these weekends and check it out~ Then we'll ride......
cool.gif

How about using a tank bag and a tail bag, (instead of saddle bags) That's what Im planning to use when I go up to Deals gap, should be enought room for a few days clothes. Im looking at getting a Joe Rocket Velocity tail bag.
I'll check them into them, I never really considered one but I'm open to anything. Especially if it will allow those sweet sounding HMF's!

GJoker,

Thanks man! I'm ready to ride anytime.

I'll check them into them, I never really considered one but I'm open to anything. Especially if it will allow those sweet sounding HMF's!

GJoker,

Thanks man! I'm ready to ride anytime.
Will you be riding 1 or 2 up? A back pack might be an option, how much stuff you lookin to carry for a couple of days? NJ.

Back