SoCal Wipe Out (Updated: Note from JimmieSD)

Here's your chance to dump the duk & get a real bike :rulez: :laugh: Hope the left gets better quick so the "PT headmistress" leaves you alone some.

To all the fantastic org members - I can't imagine how I can thank everyone for their tremedous support especially my great frieds Scar and Gillman!

After 8 days in at Sharp, I was released on my best behavior. The first few days at home were spent battling pain and sleeping. I can now use my right arm to lift my left to the keyboard. I have an in-home pt that is beating the heck out of me on a daily basis to get movement back.

The pain is bad but what is worst is missing all the riding that everyone is doing. So the plan is to heal up as fast as possible and let the pt nurse work me over and get back on two wheels as fast as possible. I can't wait to be riding with Scar, James, Bubba, Lamb and all my other great riding buddies.

The best people I have ever known in my life are the folks I met on two wheels.

Big luv to all and thanks again for all the great wishes and prayers.

Jim, good to hear your home. So what new "exotic" will you get to replace the 1098? Because we all know your not done riding yet.

-Gilman

Here's your chance to dump the duk & get a real bike :rulez: :laugh: Hope the left gets better quick so the "PT headmistress" leaves you alone some.

I can't tell you the number of times I've said to him, literally: "You should've bought a 'busa".

I'm sure he'll enjoy this little reminder...:rofl:

This is awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup: good to see you are better Jim, but dont do what I did, I was riding two weeks after my broken ribs...should of listened....i dont think they healed right as they still hurt..but heck.too late now...I can deal with it i guess..its what happens...Live for the ride ride to live...

To all the fantastic org members - I can't imagine how I can thank everyone for their tremedous support especially my great frieds Scar and Gillman!

After 8 days in at Sharp, I was released on my best behavior. The first few days at home were spent battling pain and sleeping. I can now use my right arm to lift my left to the keyboard. I have an in-home pt that is beating the heck out of me on a daily basis to get movement back.

The pain is bad but what is worst is missing all the riding that everyone is doing. So the plan is to heal up as fast as possible and let the pt nurse work me over and get back on two wheels as fast as possible. I can't wait to be riding with Scar, James, Bubba, Lamb and all my other great riding buddies.

The best people I have ever known in my life are the folks I met on two wheels.

Big luv to all and thanks again for all the great wishes and prayers.

Hi Jim,
Good to hear you are healing and I can't wait to see, talk and of course ride with you again.
I have not been in the twisties lately, but I am thinking of going to Idyllwild this weekend and will be thinking of you when I am on those last few curves on the 74, great times there.:thumbsup:

I remember the day I met you and Scar at Antique Row restaurant. It was my first group ride as well as my first twistie ride. It was May 3 2009 and it is a day I will never forget. You and Scar accepted me and took me for the ride that changed my life.

You rode behind me on Banner grade where I had my first boot scrape, I was so nervous that I was going to slow you down, but you were ever the gentlemen and never made me feel that I needed to speed up. I thank you for your friendship.

It was only one week later that I took the photo that is now your avatar, I am honored that you chose one of my pics.

Heal fast brother, I look forward to riding with you again soon. :beerchug:
When you are up to it, we will have to get to the cabin in Crestline and do some of my roads.
Big love to you too,
Bubba

Back