SoCal Wipe Out (Updated: Note from JimmieSD)

i went to se Jimmy on Sunday, looks in good spirits, although I know half his pain since my ribs are still broken, so I know its going to suck since i just went through that bu not as bad...hell be back in no time :thumbsup:

Hey, all, reportedly, Jim will be in the hospital another couple of days. Seems there's a little more 'work' the Doctors need to do.

Please keep him in your thoughts and thanks for the offers and wishes thus far.

You guys/gals are great.

The fact that the crash happened at all on that corner of any of them is completely and utterly mysterious.

The Doctors have ordered: "No More Visitors" until further notice.

Speculation is that he'll be in the hospital another 2-3 days.

Thanks, everyone; your support and interest in Jim and his recovery is truly heart-warming. Ya'llz are the best.

(I'll update this message tomorrow night with pix of the bike.)

Even wierder is tha fact that it happened to me in the same way and two other riders after me....easy clean basic corner.....after going through tons of technical stuff, it felt like my bike gave up..

Okay...

Here are the pix from GP Motorsports where (as you can see, what's left of) Jimmy's Ducati is now sitting.

Thanks to Adam who went there last night and rolled these off.

In addition to what you see here, the gas tank had been torn off the bike and is now simply sitting in it's cradle, so the bike looks a little more like a bike than it did when I saw it on Saturday.

Anyway, again, be safe everyone.

Ducs can't turn.

BEST WISHES, i gotta say all the comment and wishes i got from you guys back in 05 helped me and my wife out, great group of ppl no freaking doubt

get well mang:beerchug:

Glad to hear that Jimmy is doing MUCH better. He is a really cool dude! Hope to get the Hoon on again with him when he is up to riding! Not that I can keep up with him!:bowdown::thumbsup:

Happy to hear he is doing better. Hope he continues to have a good recovery.

It's getting to be that time of year that we all need to slow down a bit and just take in the scenery. The twisties aren't going anywhere and we can hit them hard again next season.

To all the fantastic org members - I can't imagine how I can thank everyone for their tremedous support especially my great frieds Scar and Gillman!

After 8 days in at Sharp, I was released on my best behavior. The first few days at home were spent battling pain and sleeping. I can now use my right arm to lift my left to the keyboard. I have an in-home pt that is beating the heck out of me on a daily basis to get movement back.

The pain is bad but what is worst is missing all the riding that everyone is doing. So the plan is to heal up as fast as possible and let the pt nurse work me over and get back on two wheels as fast as possible. I can't wait to be riding with Scar, James, Bubba, Lamb and all my other great riding buddies.

The best people I have ever known in my life are the folks I met on two wheels.

Big luv to all and thanks again for all the great wishes and prayers.

To all the fantastic org members - I can't imagine how I can thank everyone for their tremedous support especially my great frieds Scar and Gillman!

After 8 days in at Sharp, I was released on my best behavior. The first few days at home were spent battling pain and sleeping. I can now use my right arm to lift my left to the keyboard. I have an in-home pt that is beating the heck out of me on a daily basis to get movement back.

The pain is bad but what is worst is missing all the riding that everyone is doing. So the plan is to heal up as fast as possible and let the pt nurse work me over and get back on two wheels as fast as possible. I can't wait to be riding with Scar, James, Bubba, Lamb and all my other great riding buddies.

Thanks for the note, Jim. I'm sure everyone appreciates it...glad you're home and doing better...daily.

:beerchug: Your compadre...

Sounds like your on the mend!

Those PT people are like your worst enemy at the time but they sure know how to whip you back into shape!

Good luck and hope your back on 2 wheels soon.

Back