SoCal Wipe Out (Updated: Note from JimmieSD)

Stopped by to see Jim and lunch and take him a get well card. Needless to say the pain killer is working! He is in good spirits and he had a couple of visitors while I was there so he is getting some company. My first words when I saw him where, "Aren't you a little old for this sh*t?" He will mend, wish I could say that for his motorcycle which I think has gone to the that big Ducati race track in the sky! :whistle:

Mend quickly Jim, there are roads to ride!

The fact that the crash happened at all on that corner of any of them is completely and utterly mysterious.

The Doctors have ordered: "No More Visitors" until further notice.

Speculation is that he'll be in the hospital another 2-3 days.

Thanks, everyone; your support and interest in Jim and his recovery is truly heart-warming. Ya'llz are the best.

(I'll update this message tomorrow night with pix of the bike.)

I'm not familiar with these situations but is it normal for the doctors not to allow visitors?

I'm not familiar with these situations but is it normal for the doctors not to allow visitors?

There was literally a constant flow of people in the room... three, four, five at a time...all day long. Jim wasn't getting any rest.

It was the only way to control the situation.

He's finally medicated enough and peaceful enough to actually get the sleep he's been needing since Saturday.

Hows jim doin i went down at a 100mph into the rear end of a car last sept had no choice wall or car the car pays more.................

Nice To Be Known By Name

I'm pretty new around the .ORG but have know Scar and Jim for a few years now. I remember vividly the day I met Jim.

Gathered around the Greenfield Exit off the I-8 the usual suspects were assembled. New to sport bikes and riding in general I was in over my head and was too stupid to realize it.

Jim walks over and extends a hand. With the diplomacy of a senior State Department high level talk's guru he extracts my riding experience without me being the wiser. It was more about what I didn't say then what I did that I suspect influenced his decision to take me under his wing.

He gave a quick warning about a tricky turn or two up ahead then asked me to fall in behind him. It was about a year later that I finally had enough experience with riding that I realized the "gift" he gave me that day. He sacrificed his enjoyment and his ride that day for....me a know nothing noob he'd meet at a gas station for the first time only a few minutes before hand.

With skill and experience that only comes with years of riding he was controlling my ride from in front of me. Setting up my entry speeds and showing me clean lines around some of the better roads in San Diego. All based on watching me from his mirror. Knowing the road ahead he would adjust his pace to prevent me from over cooking the next turn. Looking back I owe him my life in keeping me safe from myself that day. Both Jim and Scar ARE top notch guys to be sure.

Scar texted me after a few missed calls on Sat. I was out with the little ones getting some candy. (I left the phone at home Scar.)

I swung by Jim's room on Sunday first thing in the AM. Jim true to form lifts his head and threw out a hand. His grip was firm, his throttle hand was and still is deeply calloused where his fingers meet the top of his palm. The sign of a very avid rider.

Nothing sounded better then being greeted by name. Seriously!

Then goes on to compliment me on my Dainese Tattoo, a suit I think he secretly lusts over. Then begins to lament about how they cut off his prized set of Ducati Leather's. What a Hoon!

Not what you'd expect from someone his age that just had a near death experience with nature, aka sizeable tree and lesson in the laws of physics, that never take a vacation as we flirt with their implementation after exceeding the limitation.

-Gilman

Just caught this thread.. Wow.. Wishing you well Jimmy...
Prayers for a speedy recovery..

Just read this thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy for complete and fast recovery, had the privalage of riding with Scar and Jimmy last Christmas when family did a vacation to Southern Cali and I took one day to go riding through the Cannons on Scar's Wasabi with them.

Okay...

Here are the pix from GP Motorsports where (as you can see, what's left of) Jimmy's Ducati is now sitting.

Thanks to Adam who went there last night and rolled these off.

In addition to what you see here, the gas tank had been torn off the bike and is now simply sitting in it's cradle, so the bike looks a little more like a bike than it did when I saw it on Saturday.

Anyway, again, be safe everyone.

GP Motorsports1.jpg

GP Motorsports2.jpg

GP Motorsports3.jpg

GP Motorsports4.jpg

GP Motorsports5.jpg

GP Motorsports7.jpg

Ahhh C'mon...that will buff right out! :whistle:

Seriously...that hurts just looking at it :Oo: Sad to see a bike in that shape....let alone a purty Duc.
Get well Jim and I pray for a full recovery.

Any new word on how he is doing Scar? I know it's early on the second day, but just hoping to hear some good news.

and :moon: for you

Back