So, you wanna own a 'Busa, kid?

yep 21 with clean record i only 77 a month for full coverage on the busa through statefarm and they write me checks when every they have a good your prob one the best insurence companies i have ever belonged to. roughly 1000 a year to keep my bike safe is not a bad deal weather its stolen or wreck they pay for it.

I pay 48 a month through State Farm. Full coverage and all that. To see that number made me a little sick.

I can sort of understand the reasoning I think they are using, but man.... That's brutal. Although, if it keeps them from jacking up my insurance rate hey... What do I care.

And I thought Progressive was ripping me off (which they were, keyword "were") at $1900 yr for full coverage.:laugh:

You know... thinking about it... this actually makes sense to me.

1. Insurance companies exist to rake in money and pwoer bikes like these in the hands of children equals payouts for damages, etc. so it makes sense it be priced out of reasonability

2. this keeps kids from buying said "killer" bike and probably hurting themselves.

maybe as insane as this pricing is, it's a good thing in the end for us all
I agree with you 100%!

LOL , that's crazy.

I'm down to like 397 a year.:thumbsup:

Happy motoring there John junior. :whistle:

42yr old here clean record no tickets, been riding for over 20 yrs no claims against my insurance and the cheapest I found was 2K for a yr couldn't afford that an the car ins. uninsured rider here.

Unfortunately in Washington the state doesn't require MC insurance. There are a few kids here with more money than good sense. If they had to pay for the insurance they wouldn't be on these beasts.

i was hit in an intersection by a guy with full coverage, the expression on his face was priceless when the cop told him i wasn't required to carry insurance. 3500 dollars later my bike was all better.

if you go to a dealership with the full amount they won't ask for insurance anyway. alot of kids get thier parents to do it for them.

I'm an 18 year old, so I can speak out of experience. Insurance rates for the Busa are crazy. The best quote I got for full coverage was 8 grand per year. Not nearly as bad as that quote, but all I have is one speeding ticket, have taken the riding course, and I live in one of the safest towns in the country (yes, that is a MAJOR factor). In this town, you can leave your car running with the door open, and nothing will happen to it, thats how little crime there is. There have been two murders in the past TEN YEARS! I managed to get by with liability only for about 100 a month though.

I'm 57 and have minimum coverage on mine ==== I wreck i pay. If i damge someone elses
vehicle.. 100,00-300,00. High unisured coverage also .... 380.00 per year.

Thats not a bad deal, heck your insurance cost more than the bike :lol:. What are they thinking :poke:

Back