So, you wanna own a 'Busa, kid?

HAS ANYONE EVER FILED A CLAIM WITH STATE FARM? FROM WHAT I HEAR THEY FIGHT EVERYTHING,i PERSONALLY JUST WENT THROUGH A 4YR COURT BATTLE WITH THEM.i WON IN THE END BUT IT WAS CUT AND DRY FROM THE BEGINNING,MY LAWYER TOLD ME STATE FARM FIGHTS EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW LITTLE IT IS...NATIONWIDE ON THE OTHER HAND,HAS CUT ME TWO CHECKS WITHOUT EVEN COMING OUT TO LOOK AT ANY DAMAGE,JUST SENT ESTIMATE IN OVER THE PHONE AND CHECKS ARRIVED 5DAYS LATER

The average life expectancy of a 1000cc or bigger sportbike in the hands of a 18 or 19 year old is only 30 days. That is the reason for those outrageous quotes. I remember when i was 19 and bought my brand new 1986 GSXR 750, the ins payments were bigger than my bike payments....it was the big joke around the base for months....

Statefarm is where it's at, I am 22 and have been paying $84 a month with full coverage. I get the...you are a bit young for that bike arnt you looks all the time. Of course I look a bit older than when I took this picture. That thread was epic with members reactions.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

when i got my 04 i tried o put full coverage on it they said they wanted 50% of the cost of the bike per year it was around $5800 i was 29 .2 weeks ago i went to insure my 08 was getting only liabilty again but asked them to price out full coverage anyway they came back with $920 i was dancing around the office i now dont have to only take the bike out when im going to be on it i was so scared to have the uninsured bike ot of my sight that i was hardly using it .i took the 08 to work today left it parked on the street all day and didnt even think about it what piece of mind !

Few things on this Org make my jaw drop as much as that did! :shocked::wtf:

The kid buying a Hayabusa must be thinking, why the hell would he have insurance selfishly if with that cost, he could by a Brand New one every nine months?!? What's funny, according to Member Scar's poll here on the org, there are a few sub-20 year-old owners... Wonder what they're paying :laugh:

I'm one to laugh too... I'm 26!

$920 a year for liability! Are you kidding me? I have 5 points including a wreckless opp and mine is only $1500 full coverage!

What they are really saying is: We don't want to insure you! , but if you have enough money we'll take a chance.

Its because of these prices most kids dont have insurance. I cant even think about full its just not worth it. Its better for me just to get liability but when im only covered for nothing might as well as not have any insurance. Liability wont do anything.

I pay 56$ a month for full coverage plus an extra 50k in health insurance from state farm. The same policy from allstate with my perfect driving record, no accidents, no anything was going to be 354 or 345 a month I forget which. Progressive and geico were even more. Im 31 and like I said perfect driving record.

My little brother is 27 and bought a victory vegas 8 ball? it was almost 20k$ and his insurance with full coverage is like 36 bucks a month from progressive. Just goes to show you that its not who you are or how you drive/ride its what you are in.

I agree that insurance is just legal extortion and I think since its required to have on whatever you are driving/riding that the government should come down on them and regulate them hard. Especially stop the credit checks. Who cares if you have bad credit. Do they think raising your rates will help you pay your bills? Got a buddy who declared bankruptcy and when he went to pay the next 6 months on his insurance it had gone up 4x due to the bankruptcy.

The people will get tired of it and will force the elected officials to come down on these companies and it will be available.

If you take a MSF course the companies should be required to lower those rates to a normal price comparable to other bikes in the price/power range.

-vJ-

I've got a very similar opinion and situation.. I couldn't believe how cheap a year of full coverage was for the Rune through Geico.. Way... Way less than 200 bucks.

Insurance to me does seem to be like legal extortion. You know the lobbyists worked very hard on Capitol Hill to get mandatory insurance laws passed.

I pay 56$ a month for full coverage plus an extra 50k in health insurance from state farm. The same policy from allstate with my perfect driving record, no accidents, no anything was going to be 354 or 345 a month I forget which. Progressive and geico were even more. Im 31 and like I said perfect driving record.

My little brother is 27 and bought a victory vegas 8 ball? it was almost 20k$ and his insurance with full coverage is like 36 bucks a month from progressive. Just goes to show you that its not who you are or how you drive/ride its what you are in.

I agree that insurance is just legal extortion and I think since its required to have on whatever you are driving/riding that the government should come down on them and regulate them hard. Especially stop the credit checks. Who cares if you have bad credit. Do they think raising your rates will help you pay your bills? Got a buddy who declared bankruptcy and when he went to pay the next 6 months on his insurance it had gone up 4x due to the bankruptcy.

The people will get tired of it and will force the elected officials to come down on these companies and it will be available.

If you take a MSF course the companies should be required to lower those rates to a normal price comparable to other bikes in the price/power range.

-vJ-

I know when I was 18,I drove witout insurance,had nothing to lose,what 18yr old you know that has anything to lose,I dint get insurance until I was married and bought a home,I was 24,so I went 8yrs without any ins...F the insurence co,its legalized extortion as far as im concerned.I have liability through nationwide ($300/yr) if i wreck the bike,then thats on me and if I get hit by a car,I ll be happy to be alive,then il sue your ins co for hitting me,im 38yrs old,have all my ins through nationwide for the last 14yrs and they wante $1200yr for full coverage,I pay less then that for full coverage on a $60k car with them...its rediculous

If that's you're plan, you'd better hope that the car that does the hitting isn't an 18 year old with nothing to lose and no insurance. ???

and what is most ironic... can you name the state with the TOUGHEST policy/laws/fines for speed/stunting/license plates and they do not even require insurance on bikes... Hmmmm never even tied this together before....

You are right about that not only Toughest law like you said and not insurance but to make it even better you don't need a helmet to ride your bike. what you think about that.

+1 for State Farm, 27 y/o no major tickets, I think one or two for 5-10 over, and their both out of state tickets, and I pay $360 a year for full coverage, everyone I know has switched to them, on guy I know was paying 2400 a year for liability on an R1 and he's 30 years old!!!

"but to make it even better you don't need a helmet to ride your bike"

Only if your over 21 and have proof of medical insurance. FL license plates will say right on them "Under 21".

But I agree, it's pretty ironic to have the toughest MC laws but yet no insurance requirement...

Im 21 and a Busa owner. I was quoted $90 a month for liability through Geico and $5000 a year for full coverage. So in short, no insurance for me. Ill get a quote next year through state farm and see what they say cause no more riding for me this season, too cold already

HAS ANYONE EVER FILED A CLAIM WITH STATE FARM? FROM WHAT I HEAR THEY FIGHT EVERYTHING,i PERSONALLY JUST WENT THROUGH A 4YR COURT BATTLE WITH THEM.i WON IN THE END BUT IT WAS CUT AND DRY FROM THE BEGINNING,MY LAWYER TOLD ME STATE FARM FIGHTS EVERYTHING NO MATTER HOW LITTLE IT IS...NATIONWIDE ON THE OTHER HAND,HAS CUT ME TWO CHECKS WITHOUT EVEN COMING OUT TO LOOK AT ANY DAMAGE,JUST SENT ESTIMATE IN OVER THE PHONE AND CHECKS ARRIVED 5DAYS LATER

Funny you ask! My daughter just took a spill on her Busa while turning into our gravel driveway last week didnt destroy the bike but lots of cosmetic damage all plastics ruined and the Hindle pipe and frame sliders and aftermarket mirrors and bar ends. the adjuster was out on monday and did the estimate and the check for $2,800 is in the mail I should have it today. He gave me full value for the aftermarket parts with no questions asked. I do keep the bike on my insurance because she is only 21 and they wanted over $4,000 for her to insure it on her own with her as a rider on my insurance it is just over $500 per year. The kicker is they say they arent going to raise my rates for the accident.

Here's a good one. Age 27, full coverage with state farm. Clean record. 2003 SV 650
$21.xx a month. 2005 Busa, same coverage as the SV, $26.xx a month. So for under $50 a month both of the toys are good to go. Some of you guys got the short end of the stick.

Back