so whats the full story here?

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
I haven't won anything or whatnot.. I just keep seeing little bits of info on some problems that happened..

I know this was a cache thing.. and I'm curious as to what exactly happened.

Anybody have a full story?

and lets keep the speculation and such to a minimum.. it would be nice to hear from the man himself.. but he seems to have lost his internet connection or something.

what goin on with the NWdragbike site and stuff?

Bryan, Cache is gone, we dont know where and Capt has stepped up to cover the problem even with his own $$$. Thats about it. - Kent

I think Cap just wants to move forward with this and keep the gossip to a minimum.

Thats sorta why I was asking... gossip doesn't stop because we want it too... and I know Cap is ethical guy.

What I'm thinking is wouldn't it be better to put it all out in the open.. what is know, and what isn't known... Cap is already fixing the problems so thats not really a concern.. but I'm sure people that come thru are alot like me (since I seemed to miss the whole thing as it happened) and have no idea whats going on.. other than it doesn't look good.

basically... why sweep it under the rug when everybody is just going to theorize and try to peek under the rug to see what it is..

put it out there, explain whats being done and viola..... speculation, gossip, and mistrust is averted.

Gotta admit I'm a bit curious too. I mean I did donate to the race bike instead of the .org... Being a newb at time I thought it was all the same.

I'll pony up again soon Cap., this place is like home to me.

I figure someday the truth will come out. Til then it's all good.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "reworded"|1138651428 -->

I think that without some explanation from the "missing" x-administrator, anything that could be said would be pure speculation.

Maybe at some time in the future we'll find out what really happened with the individual in question.....then again, maybe not.

The only thing that counts (in my book) is that Cap has stepped in and gotten things under control, keeping the integrity of the Org in tact. That is all that should matter to anyone.

Not sure what everyone is looking for that hasnt been said but here's the whole enchilada :

I'm waiting for the day,and I believe its coming soon,when folks say "Cache Who". Soon, I dont think anyone will care about this topic. Often when you drop out of something it causes quite a fuss,but then everybody moves on.
I'll tell you whats awesome thou is the way the Captain instantly took the bull by the horns. That shows alot of integrity. I think Cap will always have a hand in the place,even if operations are taken over by a manager.
He wasted no time in making things right again. Cache might have been a big player at one time,but he's gone now. I'm hoping we can just forget the whole deal. Captain is the owner of this place and I think we should just adhere to his wishes...just let it go. We all love it here,lets toss a little something back Captain's way. Lets do as he asks, and flush this thing. Its starting to stink
wink.gif

RSD.

I think that without some explanation from the "missing" x-administrator, anything that could be said would be pure speculation.

Maybe at some time in the future we'll find out what really happened with the individual in question.....then again, maybe not.

The only thing that counts (in my book) is that Cap has stepped in and gotten things under control, keeping the integrity of the Org in tact. That is all that should matter to anyone.
+ 1

this is what i was looking for...

Ok.. i'm good now. Just missed this post in my wanderings.

Let me start this by just putting the facts on the table. No emotion and no hidden agendas! I was contacted by two past winners of raffles on the site and they stated they had not received their winnings (Exhaust systems). My interest was sparked and as the owner of the site I needed to step in on behalf of the members. I have been in email contact with Cache in the past and we have spoken quite frequently on the phone over the past 6 months. Chris has a lot of things on his plate right now and this is not about a public flogging of Cache or where he is at. It all boils down to the fact that I can’t get a hold of him and members of this site have been unable to contact him. I did receive an email from him stating that he was having many personal issues but no contact at all on this topic is unacceptable and has left me in a position where I must take action. Chris has for the most part disappeared, not responding to emails, his phone doesn’t work and I have no idea where he is living now. I need to clean things up here before they get even more out of hand. The raffle proceeds have been managed by Cache using his PayPal address so I have no access to any of the tickets that have been ordered in the past so this could be difficult to sort out.

I have spoken to several of the board members on the phone over the past two days to gain insight to what I should do and look for other solutions that I have not thought of.

Here is the roadmap to get this under control

1. I have changed the PayPal address to come directly to my account
2. Every penny that has been sent to the Raffle will absolutely be covered by me personally. No one will be out a penny, this is my site and I knew better than to let this type of thing out of my control. Let me say it again no one is out anything if you want your money back for the Raffle send me an email and I will get you a refund one way or the other.
3. This Raffle can still work, we need to get things under control, reorganized and it can still pay itself off with a winner and me not paying 5k out of my pocket.
4. I need everyone that has purchased tickets to email me a copy of their PayPal receipt so that I can start putting them in order on a spreadsheet. If you do not have the original email you can log into PayPal and get the information from the website. Send the info to raffle@hayabusa.org so I can organize them ......
5. It is what it is, I am the only person that will be out at the end of this. No member will lose any money because of this situation.
6. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t start the I told you so’s

Of course if you feel that we need to discuss this one on one you can email or PM me. If you are more comfortable with speaking on the phone we can do that also. I am committed to cleaning this mess up and making sure my reputation and the reputation of the board are maintained.

If you know me at all then you know my word is my bond and your money is covered.

Doug King
AKA Captain Owner Hayabusa.org [/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the day,and I believe its coming soon,when folks say  "Cache Who". Soon, I dont think anyone will care about this topic. Often when you drop out of something it causes quite a fuss,but then everybody moves on.
 I'll tell you whats awesome thou is the way the Captain instantly took the bull by the horns. That shows alot of integrity. I think Cap will always have a hand in the place,even if operations are taken over by a manager.
 He wasted no time in making things right again. Cache might have been a big player at one time,but he's gone now. I'm hoping we can just forget the whole deal. Captain is the owner of this place and I think we should just adhere to his wishes...just let it go.  We all love it here,lets toss a little something back Captain's way.  Lets do as he asks, and flush this thing. Its starting to stink
wink.gif

RSD.
+1
beerchug.gif

Back