Budweiser story

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
The Budweiser Story (not a joke) This is TRUE!
>
> How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California.
>
> After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others so that our nation and people around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon.
>
> On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack.
>
> The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation.
>
> And Now The Rest Of The Story:
>
>
> It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive A$$ Whoopin!
>
> Pass this along, America needs to know that we're all working together!
>
> If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A SOLDIER!!!
> God Bless America !!

Thats great.
smile.gif

That is not a true story.  Check here.

Remember, any story you get in your e-mail which says anything like, "Forward this to everyone you know," you can be 99% sure it ain't necessarily so.

--Wag--

Huh. Not true, eh? That's good. I am by no means an over-patriotic zealot, but I do take pride in my country.

I woulda been one of the first lynchers if I saw that.
mad.gif

Remember, any story you get in your e-mail which says anything like, "Forward this to everyone you know," you can be 99% sure it ain't necessarily so.

--Wag--
you beat me to it... i often times go right to snopes.com when it comes time to validate these stories... it's a shame more of them are not true

<!--EDIT|clearwaterms
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142439693 -->

From Bakersfield, never heard anything about that.

Big Bo, what part?

--Wag--
It didnt say 'Forward ya da ya da" Just thought it was interesting. If ya want to know if something is fact or fiction, ask your friends. Thats why I put it on here.

--Wag--
It didnt say 'Forward ya da ya da"   Just thought it was interesting.  If ya want to know if something is fact or fiction, ask your friends.  Thats why I put it on here.
Uh, what about this:

"After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others . . . ."

No sweat, though. Any more, only about 10% of what we see in our inbox is even worth the time it takes to click on it.

--Wag--

Snopes isn't allways right.  I've found several things there that were incorrect.
I don't have any vested interest in Snopes but they are generally on the mark. An error here and there could be forgivable, depending on how material the error is. Fortunately, other sites can back up or tear down what Snopes says. Also, they generally give their sources so they can be verified or not.

Just out of curiosity, what errors have you seen?

--Wag--

A Snopes Junkie!

Let people know who they are. Names. So they don't just move to a new town and open shop again.
They are lucky they haven't been killed for that celebration.

--Wag--
It didnt say 'Forward ya da ya da"   Just thought it was interesting.  If ya want to know if something is fact or fiction, ask your friends.  Thats why I put it on here.
Uh, what about this:  

No sweat, though.  Any more, only about 10% of what we see in our inbox is even worth the time it takes to click on it.

--Wag--
Guess that shows ya how much I really read it. Don't I feel like a jackass. I even copied and pasted the whole thing

ATT00132.gif

One that sticks in my mind is the Groucho Marks quote. "I like my cigars too lady, but I take them out of my mouth once in a while." She had 20 kids in 18 years. I've seen the clip and they say it doesn't exist. It was on national TV a couple of years ago, on one of the blooper shows. (When at the inlaws, watch what the inlaws watch.)

--Wag--
Uh, what about this:  

No sweat, though.  Any more, only about 10% of what we see in our inbox is even worth the time it takes to click on it.

--Wag--
Guess that shows ya how much I really read it.  Don't I feel like a jackass. I even copied and pasted the whole thing
Oh, gawd, please don't feel like a jackass. Easy mistake to make.

I'm the first to admit, I'm WAY too much of a skeptic. Things and people I should trust, I tend to hold at bay until information is verified.

No worries. I hope you didn't feel like I was attacking you. It wasn't my intent.

--Wag--

Back