So what happened to BulletTrain?

He's a moderator on the 10 board.

Sounds like he is getting rid of the 10r and getting a 2005 636.

whats his screen name on the 10r board
rock.gif

I miss him being here to post links to the entire Moto GP races for me since I have no other way to watch them. Hell of a guy.

Yeah, BT is the only board member I've met in person. He's a really nice guy and it's ashamed he's no longer a part of the board on a regular basis.

I agree with others, must have been a big deal.

BT I know you are still lurking around these parts. Dont let the actions of one/few run you off. You are missed!

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

BT is a "lifer" here as far as I am concerned. Come back to the force BT, come back..... back to the board anyway...

vader1.gif

time for a new t.v. series.... "When MessageBoard Sarcasm Strikes!!!!"

honestly, I hope I didn't say anything sarcastic that pissed him off.... I doubt it, but I can be coarse at times.
sad.gif

What happened that made me leave was small, probably unintentional, and I probably wouldn't have let it bother me on a good day, but when it happened I was in a state of mind that it was like a slap in the face. I'm over it... don't want to talk about it because it was minor and probably silly. Just bad timing... I will say that it had nothing to do with the kawi haters. They got to me for a little while when I first went to the dark side, but I got over that. Enjoyed showin' them the Kawasaki gas tank emblem in response to their bullshid remarks.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, thanks for all the great comments folks. It's good to be loved. I'm droppin' in every now and then and reading posts again now... Just not posting a lot.

To fill you in on my latest insanity... I'm sort of wrapped up in a mid-life crisis thing right now. Been thinkin' crazy thoughts... Even considering getting a Corvette, believe it or not. Trying to talk myself out of that, but it is one of my dream rides. Actually, it's the only dream ride I've ever REALLY wanted that I haven't owned yet. Lookin' at some 2002-2003 Z06 hardtops. Hopefully good sense will prevail and I won't do it though...
wink.gif

And yes, I'm only 35 years old. Some will think that's too young to be having a mid life crisis. I guess losing my Mother to bone cancer when she was only 48 years old sort of skewed my outlook a little. Also, it's not like I sell candy to children for a living. Every shift I work could be my last. I hadn't even thought about this crap until I had my hip trouble a couple months ago. The older I get, the more I worry when I have unexpected pain ANYWHERE. My first thought is CANCER...
sad.gif

And yes, as was mentioned, Diablo is tentatively sold. Should be gone by the end of the month. I'm price shopping on an '05 ZX-6R/636. The more I ride, the more I realize that the 10R is just too dang much bike for street twisty ridin'. I've totally lost my need for high end speed over the past months so the 10 has become huge overkill in all aspects for me. I found that as my riding style changed from enjoying the corners and blasting the straights to enjoying the Hell out of the corners and just cruisin' the straights, I don't use a third of what the 10 offers.

What I'm lookin' at doin' is going with a 636 and it's related lower operational costs (better fuel mileage, easier on tires (especially the centers
biggrin.gif
, etc...) and especially the cheaper insurance rates... and maybe pickin' up a used busa to play with. I do still want to hit 200 mph on a bike, I just don't try to do it on every straight now.
laugh.gif
I'd really like to pick up a used one, do a nice paint job on it, and do a 1397cc kit and maybe a small NOS shot on it to reach a GPS or Lidar verified 200 mph... Another one of those mid-life crisis dreams.
wink.gif

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words here. I'll stop rattlin' now...
beerchug.gif
Oh, and for the haters...
laugh.gif

IMG_1264.jpg

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif

makes sense to me  -- this is largely a busa board and he's busa-less....

He was a decent chap, but he's in the other camp now.
More than a decent chap!  A great person that would give anything for anyone!  He does have a lot going on with his 10, but more stuff with work and an injury to overcome.  Busa or no he is always welcome here!
Yeah, dude. BT. Just a fantanstic guy. Busa or no...I don't give a shi$. Whatever someone rides doesn't matter to me. Yes, I'm biased to sport bikes, but mostly I just love to ride and talk shop whether it be racing, road riding, dirt biking...I just love bikes. I think probably that's a little bit in most of us, more in others, less in some.

Okay ... now I'm shocked Bro' ... you've lost your need for speed in the straights and you're just gonna' be hanging out in the twisties ... wow you all are scaring me big time ... a few other Busaholics have/plan to sell their Busa's for track bikes or at least get a 2nd track bike ... I know that the curves can be addictive but wow ... that is a major change. Anyway much respect to you Chris and all of the other members that have decided to pursue hardcore twisty riding. Seriously, I'm scared to do a road track day now ... 'cause it would break my heart to give up the Busa despite its weakness in the twisties.

Okay ... now I'm shocked Bro' ... you've lost your need for speed in the straights and you're just gonna' be hanging out in the twisties ... wow you all are scaring me big time ... a few other Busaholics have/plan to sell their Busa's for track bikes or at least get a 2nd track bike ... I know that the curves can be addictive but wow ... that is a major change. Anyway much respect to you Chris and all of the other members that have decided to pursue hardcore twisty riding. Seriously, I'm scared to do a road track day now ... 'cause it would break my heart to give up the Busa despite its weakness in the twisties.
The busa ain't as weak in the twisties as some (including me in the past) make it out to be. Yeah, it's heavier, and a little more work, but honestly, if it's set up right it will do much more than most riders can, in my opinion.
wink.gif

I still actually have a need for speed, but while the 10 has the power and ability, it's just not as "easy" to go really fast on (as in 170+)as the busa was. Just like I didn't think a busa was the bike for me in the twisties, I don't think the 10 is the bike I'd want to do top end runs with on a regular basis. The thing is still trying to power wheelie in fourth gear above 150 mph! Talk about makin' your arse hole bite a chunk out of the seat cover!
eek2.gif
The first time it done that I almost needed a fresh pair of undershorts.
biggrin.gif

I'll never totally lose my need for speed, but I've developed quite a liking for the twisties as well. That's just my thing right now.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Hey BT... really nice to see you on the board!!
biggrin.gif

...636 is a nice choice... one sext looking bike
cool.gif

Glad to see you popping back in BT.....
Alittle history lesson for those folks trying to keep up!
BT started out wanting ET so he bought a Busa, but alas ET wasn't for BT so he moved on.... Then came the Black Kawi, BT loved X10, he called her El Diablo which as far as we knew meant "Sin". But the sin of ole X10 was to much for most men and BT had to move on.... Now comes 636 (little Kawi) thirty digits less sinfull than its predecesor but just as tempting with its sleek lines and gracefullness in the corners. Will BT keep her?  I'll keep you posted for the REST OF THE STORY.

smile.gif

Back