So time for some new shoes for my girl.

TallTom

Registered
So as some of you may know I got my girl a carbon copy of my bike about 2 years ago. She loves the CERAP out of her bike. And she has driven through her tires that were on it. And her chain,original to the bike is at its limits. So I am starting to shop for it all now.

I have been on my current Avons longer than any other tire I have had and still love em. Got plenty of tread left after 3 seasons. It will be mostly mild conservative street use with an at least once a year trip to some twisties. More twisties if I move to St. George. So I have been sort of on the fence waiting to see if we are moving or what. But it is sweet riding season here now and I don't want her sitting out some beautiful rides while sit on the fence. So I am perfectly happy with the idea of shoeing hers in Avons. But it seems like there has been a few new offerings since I was tire shopping. For awhile the Pirelli Angels seemed to be everyone's sweet spot. But that has been a couple of years. And Pilot Powers seem to be old news now.

Anybody want to throw out any deals they know of on a good tire set-up that will serve the duty we need? I will also be doing a chain and sprocket set. Going stock on the sprockets size.

Chain will probably be the new EK series but I am open to hearing if chains are in a new world since I last bought one.

Shinko is cheap and grips very well. Not sure of longevity somewhere near 5k miles on my rear. front still looks awesome. just my 2 cents. Avon and michelin I think are still the best when it comes to quality (grip and life). Do a quick search on tires and there is tons of info pro and semi here.

If you are happy with what you have, why change? If you must change, you might take a look at the PR3's. There is a new PR4, but it has a harder compound and could slip a little more than the PR3. Personally, I have found the right tires for my busa and will continue to put them on unless I cant find the Q2.

I've been running Q2s, on the Busa, with decent mileage, Q3s on the zx14. About 3k on the Q3s and need a new rear. Picked up a set of Bridgestone S20s for the Busa but have not mounted them yet.

I've been running Q2s, on the Busa, with decent mileage, Q3s on the zx14. About 3k on the Q3s and need a new rear. Picked up a set of Bridgestone S20s for the Busa but have not mounted them yet.

3K is about what I got out of the Dunlop's. I'm at 7K on the Avon's and they got a good bit of life left in them.

If you are happy with what you have, why change? If you must change, you might take a look at the PR3's. There is a new PR4, but it has a harder compound and could slip a little more than the PR3. Personally, I have found the right tires for my Busa and will continue to put them on unless I cant find the Q2.

Of course but technology in tires is pretty fluid thing. My Avon series is no longer available. They have stepped up to a new series with new compounds. Avon is probably still as good at least, but tires went through some advances in the past few years.

Back