New shoes!

Are you ordering these online, in the store, or over the phone? Online, it isn't giving me the option.
got em' from the top of the forum page that says "Special Ads" a couple of weeks ago. i clicked cycle gear for the sponsor and selected dunlop q2's. there is a code you have to put in but i can't remember what it was.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in your new Q2's Cap.

Here is an exchange between an up and coming race student and Keith Code.

Student:
Side note: I was really impressed by the Qualifiers when I rode them at your school. The set I rode on easily had a day of use already and put up with peg and bodywork dragging all day at Barber without a single slide. I imagine the new Q2's are a pretty remarkable "street" tire.

Keith Code:
The Q2 is as good as the newest gen of AMA spec Sportmax GPs, unreal, feels like an N-Tec.

As you can see I'm not the only guy these Q2's have impressed. Jason Pridmore's Star School also uses the Q2 on their fleet of GSXR1000's. I've watched what Jason can do on the Q2 and it's impressive to say the least.

Unbelievable performance in a street tire! Times they are a changin! :cheerleader:

In my limited experience, I have run 2 sets of all of these and the Q2 wins hands down.

Q2s
BT016s
BT003RS

On the touring side I am still on my first set of PR2s and they are performing well...

You can't go wrong with any of those three Charlie.

All exceptionally good performers!

Just don't call her old and you will be okay. She only draws blood on the age thing.

And your mother too. Dougs mom can make a Marine gunny sgt quake in his boots!:laugh:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As long as you stay ahead of Skydivr that's all that matters Cap! :thumbsup:

All you you can bite me :moon: :laugh: Doug still drags his knee better :beerchug:

I fear this is the year I'm not gonna be able to pass Charlie anymore :please:

Those Q2's are a great tire Doug. Not sure about long term wear, but I think you'll be very happy with the grip. Let us know after you put a trackday on them. I'd buy some more, but I've got a stack of tires in the corner of my garage 12 feet tall and my wife will kill me.

All you you can bite me :moon: :laugh: Doug still drags his knee better :beerchug:

I fear this is the year I'm not gonna be able to pass Charlie anymore :please:

Those Q2's are a great tire Doug. Not sure about long term wear, but I think you'll be very happy with the grip. Let us know after you put a trackday on them. I'd buy some more, but I've got a stack of tires in the corner of my garage 12 feet tall and my wife will kill me.

Keith you are the guy that I fear the most... You have great body position, your lines are good and when it happens and you get the confidence you will be tearing the track up! You will have so much pent up frustration that people better get out of your way.... I noticed all this at the bash last year, yeah I got my knee down first but you are doing it right. My body position is all wrong and I need to lose a few lbs too.

Warning to all, get out of Keiths way when he breaks through his mental block...

Charlie when it happens you need to just get off the track and load your bike cause you just won't be safe for at least a month...

Keith you are the guy that I fear the most... You have great body position, your lines are good and when it happens and you get the confidence you will be tearing the track up! You will have so much pent up frustration that people better get out of your way.... I noticed all this at the bash last year, yeah I got my knee down first but you are doing it right. My body position is all wrong and I need to lose a few lbs too.

Warning to all, get out of Keiths way when he breaks through his mental block...

Charlie when it happens you need to just get off the track and load your bike cause you just won't be safe for at least a month...

Man, have I got you faked out....:laugh:

P.S. As far as the weight is concerned, I feel I've got that problem a little too (besides getting old). I've been on my wife's elliptical trainer for the past month or so, and while I haven't really lost any weight, my legs and stamina are showing a marked improvement. I rode this last weekend for the first time in 2 months and my legs did not get tired. I'm going to stay on that thing and see if it helps come trackday.

Make a trip to Barber if you can this year!

Got new shoes on the bike and snow today on the ground. :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you can go out to the garage and smell the new rubber. :whistle:

I emailed cycle gear and this is the response I got;

Hello,

Unfortunately the link you have must be old. If you go directly to our current site WWW.CYCLEGEAR.COM the up to date pricing on the q2 tires is listed. However, we do have a package deal on the Bridgestone BT016 Tires you might want to look at: http://www.cyclegear.com/productlist.cfm

Jeff M
CGD

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 8:43 AM
To: 'Jeff Magana'
Subject: FW: Dunlop Q2 Tire Special

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 6:54 AM
To: customerservice@cyclegear.com
Subject: RE: Dunlop Q2 Tire Special

Jeff,

When I do a Google search, it shows Cyclegear having the Dunlop Q2's for $199.99 as shown at the bottom of the page of the link that I sent you.

To: johnfoster31@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Dunlop Q2 Tire Special
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:53:09 -0800

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.ecxhmmessage{font-family:Tahoma;font-size:10pt;}
Hello,

Unfortunatley we do not match Amazon or EBay pricing. We would need a direct link to a companies website to verify whether or not we can price match. Please let us know if you have any more questions. Check out our site WWW.CYCLEGEAR.COM, currently we have a promotion on Bridgestone BT016 tires front and rear for $199.99(tire size for that package is as follows: 120/70/17 and 180/55/17). If you would like to place an order please call 1800CYCLEGEAR(18002925343) and ask for Jeff.

Have a good evening

Jeff M
CGD

We'll see how this year goes, but I have seen his dang EAT ME sticker quite enough!:poke:

What about the other 1/2 of this story? The Alpine sub woofer. Did you get it ? home-auto? Oh wait , I get it I gotta go to random thoughts for that part house keeping and all:laugh:

Those are the tires im thinking about going with starting next season. Anyone ever run them with a 6ish inch extension and have any feedback as far as grip and handling on that type of setup goes? But thats a great deal you got there. Just barely more then the rear by itself! :thumbsup:

We'll see how this year goes, but I have seen his dang EAT ME sticker quite enough!:poke:

I am hoping I dont get to see that sticker either Charlie! I have seen his posts of his GSXR 1k at the track :poke: fun at you and others who dare chase him! BEWARE OF THE SKYDIVER!:laugh:

Back