So Tell Me About Suzuki Crusiers...M109s?

I hear you Zuk...I have been toying with the idea of a HD Vrod Muscle...problem is that I'm not going to pay $17K to get one out the door. I am looking around at used models.

Contact me if you need a hookup for a HD. I work for Ft.Wash HD.

540-223-3785 Paul

So you are saying the busa does not have any issues? Any forum you visit about a bike or car or truck, there will be posts about issues that more than one person has had. And for every person crying about some issue, there are 10 more that have never had any issues, but you never see a post saying,..â€￾ I have no issues with my bike todayâ€￾. I have a 07LE and have never had an issue.

You are right, one will always find issues, I guess it's the number of issues that matter. The M109 board just has a lot more complaining owners than the the org. here. At one stage they were trying to get attorneys involved to force Suzuki to have recalls on the clutch and drive shaft. They could not get it together though. I was going to buy a M109, but that scared me away. With the clutch, it appears as if the plate springs were under designed to handle the torque of the V twin motor, and they loose tension within the first 4,000 miles, then the vibrations start. Second gear is a big issue as well.

jellyrug,

I think it has a lot to do with that board. I have been a member there since August 07, when I bought mine. There are so many newbie’s there all the time that you get the same stupid questions every other month. And I think that has a lot to do with the issues. For a lot of those guys the 9 is there first bike, that is about as smart as making the busa your first bike, They are just too damn fast for a beginner. I know there are a few guys here that made the busa their fist bike, and love it and ride the hell out of it, but for the average person, they just can not handle the power of these bikes. When you have a bunch of rookie riders with that powerful of a bike, and they do not know that how it works, they are going to cry about little issues. I remember the second gear and the clutch issues and people trying to get lawyers and all that silly crap, nothing ever came of it.
I have also been a member of the other m109r boards, and there is no talk about these issues on any of them. That may be because those members are much more experienced with bikes in general, or these other issues have just gone away.

My first post here. I guess I should qualify that by saying I had no reason to post here until last week. Test rode a brand new 2009 Hayabusa, made me giggle like a school girl (no offense to any school girls on here). The price was slashed so much it was ridiculous. I couldn't say no. So I will be on here a lot I would guess.

Now to the 109. I've got a 2009 LE. I rode it stock for a grand total of 2 months before I started cutting and hacking. In my opinion the styling of the 109 is really odd in that you can look at it one day and love it, then hate it the next. I could never wrap my head around the headlight. Most guys will say that's what makes the 109 the 109. I disagree. Styling aside, it's the power that make this bike. If you're willing to do a few performance mods, you will be amazed at the pace this pig will go. Redline shifts into 2nd will pull your arms out of the their sockets if you're not hanging on. For a heavy bike it's a lot of fun. I've been trouble free so far and I ride pretty hard, my gas mileage absolutely sucks as a result.

The one thing I will say about this bike is that the options to customize it are really endless. You can take it from bagger to something like Lamonster did as shown in an earlier post, to what I did, street fighting cafe racer on steroids I guess.

IMG_0319_2.jpg

There nice bikes, I had on for a year, but dont let anyone fool you, I have 3 friends that all have the clutch shudder and 1 had to have clutch hub replaced, they have problems, more then any other bike I have owned.

Taylor,
Don’t let anyone fool you? Well, I am not just anyone.
I have 5 friends in my area who ride the 9, and none of them have had the clutch problem. I know over 100 around the world, and none of them have had it. There are over 1000 on the tech site, and not a single one has had it. Yes it does exist, but to what degree? The odds are not as good as those of a old Harley leaking oil, but also not as bad as if you will get laid on a first date. Besides, Who cares? IF yours has the clutch issue, fix it. It is not like the bike is now doomed.

No need to get worked up about it if its not true then FF:whistle:.

You asked "who cares", well I added my 2 cents like you added yours.

Know back to what really matters around here...

Hayabusa's

Not getting worked up. Just telling it like it is. You say don’t let anyone fool you, I am not trying to fool anyone, I am stating the facts.
I say who cares, because **** happens, if it has two wheels or a P@$$%, you will have issues with it, so fix it and move on.
Yes HayaBusa’s are what matter around here, but the OP asked about the 9, so that is what this thread is about.

My first post here. I guess I should qualify that by saying I had no reason to post here until last week. Test rode a brand new 2009 Hayabusa, made me giggle like a school girl (no offense to any school girls on here). The price was slashed so much it was ridiculous. I couldn't say no. So I will be on here a lot I would guess.

Now to the 109. I've got a 2009 LE. I rode it stock for a grand total of 2 months before I started cutting and hacking. In my opinion the styling of the 109 is really odd in that you can look at it one day and love it, then hate it the next. I could never wrap my head around the headlight. Most guys will say that's what makes the 109 the 109. I disagree. Styling aside, it's the power that make this bike. If you're willing to do a few performance mods, you will be amazed at the pace this pig will go. Redline shifts into 2nd will pull your arms out of the their sockets if you're not hanging on. For a heavy bike it's a lot of fun. I've been trouble free so far and I ride pretty hard, my gas mileage absolutely sucks as a result.

The one thing I will say about this bike is that the options to customize it are really endless. You can take it from bagger to something like Lamonster did as shown in an earlier post, to what I did, street fighting cafe racer on steroids I guess.

VERY NICE...Me likey that look! :laugh: And you think that thing will pull your arm...wait untill you get that new BUsa opend up some:thumbsup:

Last time I seen you, you were in Daytona with a Valkyrie. I still have mine , I quess you dont have it anymore??
My Valk was a great bike, SuperCharger, Nitrous and flame throwers. It pretty much sat when I got the Boss Hoss so I got rid of it and then built a VTX Pro Street. From there I went to the 109 and for the last two years I've been playing with Spyders. Now I'm looking to pick up a Busa and put the motor and all the wirering and controls in a Spyder. Should be a fun project.

Valk
picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=22.jpg

My ugly Boss
picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=590.jpg

My VTX
picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=2.gif

Spyder
View attachment 1537071

Back