What can you guys tell me about the Yamaha R3?

Make sure it's up to date on its recalls. The R3 had a good number of them.
Absolutely! Just looked into it and there are 4 outstanding recalls on this bike. Going to make an appointment soon with the local dealer and get it squared away.
She'll have a blast on that bike. Well done.

Cause of the overheat??
Thank you sir! I noticed the temps rising on my first ride. Looked into the overflow can and it was dry as a bone. Pulled the service manual and it said that there should be SOME liquid in it towards the bottom from expansion. Noticed that the radiator stayed cold during overheat which meant that there was no coolant present. Filled the bike up with coolant and noticed that the overflow was leaking slowly drip by drip. Refilled radiator and replaced the overflow and have put 100 miles on the bike and the coolant level is not dropping.

Started modding it for her...

Tidy tail done, halo led turn signals, led integrated taillight, wrapped forks in black, shogun frame sliders pulled off all the warning stickers. Bike came with an overheat issue that was not disclosed to me. Overflow tank was leaking and slowly all the coolant went bye bye. Got it all fixed and sorted and bike rides great! Clutch is VERY light which takes some getting used to.
View attachment 1631848
View attachment 1631849
I watched a motorcycle show the other day which featured the R3...a former superbike road racer is riding one on a track and she really loves it and has had zero issues with the bike on the track and said it is very competitive.

I think the small displacement bikes of today are incredible compared to what we had in my day. I wonder how this bike would stack up against an RZ350..

She's just showing off her new gear.... bike is road ready! She rode it for 30 min or so around the neighborhood. I went to restart it and the battery was dead. Original from 2015 so we just threw in a new AGM. Apparently the lithium's are garbage is what I got from a friend who has an R1. He is having nothing but issues with it.
147278049_10224013169978632_4702301122146966914_o.jpg

She's just showing off her new gear.... bike is road ready! She rode it for 30 min or so around the neighborhood. I went to restart it and the battery was dead. Original from 2015 so we just threw in a new AGM. Apparently the lithium's are garbage is what I got from a friend who has an R1. He is having nothing but issues with it.
View attachment 1632090
I've had a Scorpion LiFePO4 installed for over a year - no probs unless it's below about 45 deg F, requires a 3-4 min warm-up before pressing start.

I worry about the shoelaces on the boots

Back