So I am at the Gas Station

What an idea! I am going to make some today. He probably was a republican...
thumbs-up.gif

I was actually glad that he did not say anything to me because I was speechless. Come this June 25th I will have been in the Military for 20 years. This by far was the nicest thing that was ever given to me. Anyway Brixxer I am stationed at Fort Rucker. Been here 4 1/2 years. Hopefully getting to PCS in November.

T

My brother-in-law just retired from the AF...since 9/11, he's been to Afghanistan and Iraq twice...

He said that the most heartfelt letters he rec'd were from total strangers...our men and women that serve expect support from friends and family, but I can tell you that it's those random, unexpected acts of kindness that leave a lasting impression...

Really good to hear that someone is doing this...sounds like it could be contagious!

Sure wish our Vietnam Vets were treated the same...my father was in Vietnam, and one of the stories I've heard many times over the years was that of people lining up at the airport when he and fellow military came back, greeted with protestors and being spat on...thank goodness it seems we've come a long way since that war...

Sure wish our Vietnam Vets were treated the same...my father was in Vietnam, and one of the stories I've heard many times over the years was that of people lining up at the airport when he and fellow military came back, greeted with protestors and being spat on...thank goodness it seems we've come a long way since that war...
I definitely agree. What a shame that this ever happened. Hope the guys over there now aren't discouraged by a media that seemingly wants to make and color the news instead of reporting it. Politicians are also making me sick on this one right now, especially the liberals, no offense. But this second guessing the Commander In Chief and making everything a rediculous excercise in election year politics during a war, has done great harm to our country. IMO
mad.gif

Back