So I am at the Gas Station

LongbowIP

Registered
Getting gas in my truck heading to work tonight.  I am standing there and a gentleman in his late 30's to early 40's walks up to me and hands me this attached card.

He did not say anything and walked away.  After I read it I was like WOW.  Must have been a Republican.  Just kidding about the republican thing.  I was just proud that someone was thinking about the military other than all the bullshit that has been going on lately.

Anyway I thought that was very nice of him.

T

card.jpg

That's a great idea T. And hell yeah I gotta make up some of these... Had to warm you right up huh? Good Stuff..

Keep the rotors turning...

Wow...random acts of kindness ARE still in!

That's cool...and much needed right now...

Man that is awesome, sometimes I want to walk up to one of the military personnel I see (I see them all the time with Fort Bragg, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Camp Lejuene and Cherry Point all being within an hour) and say Thank You.  Thank you for placing your life in harms way for the blanket of "freedom" under which I sleep. Good to see that in all the uproar, what's most important hasn't been forgotten by some.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084536657 -->

Just yesterday I was behind a car that had "vietnam vet" around the license plate. that card would have been perfect!!!! what a good idea!!!!
smile.gif

That was really cool.
cool.gif

More people should
cool.gif
do stuff like that.

cool.gif

That was an extremely nice and kind and thoughtful thing to do. I know it made you feel good.

Any time we get thanks it is greatly appreciated by us. Glad to hear that you got something good instead of the usual BS I seem to receive from the civilians around here

Damn near brought a tear to my eye... Would like to give one to every service man and woman out there.

I would of been in total awe if I recieved one of those during desert storm. Keep up the good fight..

Getting gas in my truck heading to work tonight.  I am standing there and a gentleman in his late 30's to early 40's walks up to me and hands me this attached card.

He did not say anything and walked away.  After I read it I was like WOW.  Must have been a Republican.  Just kidding about the republican thing.  I was just proud that someone was thinking about the military other than all the bullshit that has been going on lately.

Anyway I thought that was very nice of him.

T
Does make me feel proud to be an American when someone does something like this. Would be nice if we could attach it to the home page on this site. I thinks that would be way
cool.gif
I too have served 8 years in the military. God Bless the USA...
super.gif

Brian

Such a great idea I ordered my own cards. They should be in within a week. Thanks for posting, what a great idea.

Cap

Right there with you, ridercoach. Felt a little choked there.... emotional moment and to think it was just such a simple but heartfelt gesture from a total stranger. Here's one canadian proud of them boys and girls in uniform. Cheers and salute!
Jun

LONGBOW... ( i noticed southern AL) are u stationed at ft rucker?
rock.gif
I did my UH1 maintenance school there back in 89..

Back