so cal here i come new lsr event

mm_logo_10_009_lower3titleandlogo2.jpg

MKM Announces Mojave Mile Shootout on March 6, 2010

MKM Racing Promotions is very excited to announce what we hope is a new permanent racing venue in Mojave, CA. We have reached an agreement with the Mojave Air and Space Park, a private airfield, to host our Mile Shootout event on March 6, 2010. This facility features a 12,000’ runway which will allow for very fast speeds and a comfortable braking margin. Since Mile Shootout racing is already very popular in Texas, the Midwest, and the East Coast, we look forward to being the premiere site for Mile Shootouts in the West.

The Mojave Mile will be open to both cars and motorcycles, and, depending on its success, is forecasted to be held multiple times per year. MKM is developing a dedicated website for this event,
Mojave Mile: The Fastest Mile in the West, to host all of the information related to the event, including a forum discussion board. Watch for this site to become active in October 2009.

We hope to see lots of our ORR friends at this event, especially in the off season, when “speed feverâ€￾ hits!

I would really like to do this on my B-King, I'll have to check the vacation schedule at work. Not sure how fast it will go though, it's stock and I have only seen 150mph on the speedo.

I'm in. Just registered today. Looking for something north of 202 mph. Totally stoked we have an asphalt mile event near Vegas! Make sure your friends are part of your "pit crew", since there are no spectator passes. But the cool thing is your pit crew is in as part of the rider fee. No additional charges. Early registration and tech inspection are Fri from 1-8 pm at some hotel in Mojave. Your crew can get wristbands there. Me and my crew will drive out Friday afternoon and get all dialed in so we can start racing first thing Sat morning. Gates open at 6:30 am, pits are first come, first served. Racer meeting at 7:00, racing starts at 7:30. There are only 150 slots, about 100 are filled already. You can run SCTA classes if you want, but you have to already be SCTA qualified. I'm going for the Motorcycle Unlimited class since I've only run at BUB and am not SCTA licensed. Don't care as long as I'm in and can go fast. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Im gonna be there, it will be my first real LSR event so im looking forward to it....see ya guys there

Back