So are her civil rights being violated or not?

This topic really gets my blood pressure up. I lived in AZ and now in west Texas. My wife is Korean she moved here in 2008. She does not speak good english at all, but she is doing all she can to learn. She is required to speak english, understand english, and read english for her citizenship interview. My son-in-law wants his motorcycle endorsement he also is taking english classes He cannot take the written exam because he can read english but not understand it well. DPS will not hit the language translate key and print the test for him in Korean. But they will be happy to give the test in english or spanish only. When my wife went to school in Korea and in Japan they always said if you want to succeed in business you have to learn english. Funny how the Asian countries realize how important the english language is. I work in the oilfield and speaking english is the law so there is no miss communication in a very dangerous industry. Now I do safety I was at an oil rig where everyone does speak english well. But the mexican seem to find it funny to speak spanish because they know others do not know spanish. One of them informed me that I NEEDED TO LEARN SPANISH as he called me alot of things to his co-workers in spanish that I cannot say on here. I know enough spanish to know when they are talkin crap. So I started talkin to him in Korean he got really pissed off at me because he couldn't understand me. He said what the hell did you say? "in perfect english mind you" I stated what you don't know Korean? and said well YOU NEED TO LEARN KOREAN

Would it surprise you to know that there have been over 100 votes brought to the congress to actually officially make english the language of the USA and each and every time its been defeated, generally because its voted against not because it didnt get a minimum # of votes. Just think of the impact, if english was the official language no one would be required to print anything in a secondary language, etc etc. I wish they could finally vote on it but no one in DC has the bawls to pass that type of law. Just one of the many lesser known facts about the buffoons we have running the country :banghead:

One of the very few errors of our founding fathers - no official language.

An IQ test for Federal office would have been be nice too - everything we hear from WDC indicates a depressing inability to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers (the budget)

One of the main requirements for a job in the USA is to speak english right??If we went to another country, they would expect the same.Funny we expect you to speak english but cant ask if you can speak english in an interview.WTH??You are expected to read and write in most jobs, but cant ask in an interview.I have no issue with legal immigrants that speak the langauge and run for seats in office, thats great.My parents immigrated here from europe and they learned english, became citizens of the USA etc.

Back