Snowball effect with mods. Am I alone?

I bought this bike back in December after being off a Busa since '04. I told myself that I would keep it stock for a while or at least till Spring.
Well I have a room full of boxes and parts for this thing now and haven't stopped. I may stop now after adding it all up. This is worse then my Ducati Monster was.
It's only money!!

Here's what I do......I get the bike (usually new). I then go out to the garage at night and sit on my mechanics roll-around seat and roll around the bike, looking and making notes. I usually always do the exhaust and air filter and a PC3, so, they get ordered right away. As for bling, I treat them like the whores they are, just get them some jewelry and call it done. I am a fanatic about maintenance, so I spend on best oil (Amsoil) and the best tires. I do the rest of the service at closer intervals than normal.

Ron

this was stock 13months ago

bike_dash.jpg

the list go s on and on,I put over 5g's in her in a yrs time and have boxes of sh!t i just got to upgrade the NOS system..purge kit,digital pressure gauge,digital fuel/air ratio gauge,new swtches...I have OCD like a mofo..Ill probably sell it in another yr..I did the same thing with a boat 5yrs ago.I do everything i can to it and then get bored....

the list go s on and on,I put over 5g's in her in a yrs time and have boxes of sh!t i just got to upgrade the NOS system..purge kit,digital pressure gauge,digital fuel/air ratio gauge,new swtches...I have OCD like a mofo..Ill probably sell it in another yr..I did the same thing with a boat 5yrs ago.I do everything i can to it and then get bored....
thumb_up.gif
It's only been a little over a month for me.
I haven't even broke open the motor yet
laugh.gif

I am in the same boat. Here is the kicker...How many of you have done mods and want to upgrade on the mod parts you installed?

I know I got a crappy undertail from ebay that I would lioke to upgrade. I also have the pazzo shorties,but, there black and I would rather have silver.

Chrome swingarms and parts go fine with a polished frame.
Exactly and I have proof!
LIARS!!!

The bike won't look right unless I get those frame covers! I HAVE to get those frame covers to match the swingarm! Can't you see?! I HAVE TO!!!
face7.gif
its ok brother i have chrome swingarm and i have to get the frame covers too. i worried theyd look cheap till i saw it for my self at the dealer on a used busa....very nice i culdnt tell
heart.gif

I'm getting my chrome frame covers next month. I was worried how they would look but I got a lot of favorble reviews from owners.
beerchug.gif

Chrome swingarm goes well with polished frames, I mean I would
think it would cuz I don't have a mod problem or a addiction
What did you hear that? The chrome is calling me
face7.gif

IMG_0999__Small_.JPG

im not a fan of chrome frame covers.i seen them and you can instantly tell they are covers... and +1 on the mod the mods,i have atleat 4 different sets of clutch nd braek levers,i just ordered a new NOS pressure gauge and then ordered a digital Nos Pressure gauge b4 i even got the 1st one,i have a sh!t load of stuff like that stillun opened because i upgraded b4 i installed the original upgrade

I actually saw a busa the other day with the chrome frame covers & thought they looked pretty good. They looked alot better than I would have imagined...I might be looking into that as well...

Back