Snowball effect with mods. Am I alone?

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
A while back I wanted to lower my bike so I bought a chrome tree clamp which came with the fork caps, tank pad, and stem plug. Since all that chrome was clumped in one area I decided to pull it forward a bit with a chrome gauge. I was then left with a with the black reservoir caps which had to be replaced. I then felt there was too much chrome up front so I brought some to the rear with a chrome grabrail. Since the chrome now seemed to follow a straight line I wanted to broaden it out a bit so I got chrome grips.

Now I have purchased a chrome swingarm. I then found out I had to cut my chain to swap it out. I've always wanted to stretch my bike a bit (4") but didn't want to bother getting a new chain. Since I have to cut my chain now, I may as well get a new longer one to stretch it out. But of course to do that I'm gonne need extensions. Not only that but I don't think the swingarm would look good on my bike with my polished frame, so I'm now looking to get chrome frame covers.

Am I the only one who goes through this? It seems as though I intend on doing only ONE thing to the bike and wind up doing five others. I'm just glad income tax time is here.
laugh.gif

My list of mods goes on and on! I promised myself I was going to keep it stock! Yea, right!

Just tell your wife it's a LITTLE cheaper than a crack habit, but less likely to get you killed or jailed...
laugh.gif

it is a deff disease , hanging out on forums with a bunch of others with the disease doesnt help

there is always someone with the disease worse then me to make me feel normal, and i see all the trick stuff on other people's bikes and the little boy in me screams I WANT IT I WANT IT

Come to the bash, we can sit down and discuss this like reasonable people.
rofl.gif

Chrome swingarms and parts go fine with a polished frame.

But why I got it apart it would be the time to do this.....
firedevil.gif

Mines been apart since Oct. because of this..

yes thank you for showing me im not alone

hello my name is chris and im a chrome and mod addict...
laugh.gif

ebay is my pusher
lurk.gif

i keep telling my wife this is the last thing for awhile....till the ups guy leaves then im back on ebay.
beerchug.gif

just one thing at a time right
cool.gif

It's a virus. I'm the same way with my Mustang. First it was the Corbra rims, then the X-pipe, then the cold air intake, then the lowering springs, the quarter scoops, then the headlights, then the billet grill, and yesterday installed the chin spoiler.

The busa? The spike spools, bar ends, most of the mods in my signature and now a clear clutch cover (thank you Ted!!!!!) custom license plate relocator, just switched to a `04 gel seat, and still waiting on some more pieces to get painted. My next big step is going to be the PCIII!

Back