Small oil leak from fork...

Mojave Mike

Registered
Done 1000 miles on my new Busa, and hadn't seen any leak before. I had to move it from under cover (always under cover when not in use) to out in the sun...the temp hit 106...it was there for 10 hours, and when I came to move it back, I noticed a small wet patch under the left fork...it was oil, and there was a drip about to drop.
The bike has never been exposed to 106 in the sun, and I'm just hoping that the oil swelled and caused the leak.
The dealer is 100 miles away and a big hassel for me if I have to take it back and leave it.
I'll keep an eye on it..

Mike

Sorry to hear about the leak, especially after 1000 miles on it. The seals on my Busa did not start to leak after 15000k miles...

next oil change...replace the crush washer on the drain bolt....as long as the threads in the pan are good....all will be good.

next oil change...replace the crush washer on the drain bolt....as long as the threads in the pan are good....all will be good.
I wish it was that easy to replace a fork seal..
biggrin.gif
I will assume since he said that it was leaking down the left fork that the fork seals need to be replaced. Join the crowd, I have to do mine this weekend.. but at least I have 13,000 miles on mine!
wink.gif

My advice, get it seen to pronto!

I had my left leak, which was a smear one day, and saturated brake pads and rotor the next ... which of course only became evident after having to the slide the back around through a bend due to no braking in the front end on approach ... it was another of those butt puckering moments of self preservation coupled with random thoughts of the cost of replacing fairing plastics
smile.gif

Back