Small Oil Leak after changing Oil

BenWoj42

Registered
I changed my oil last week and now Im getting a small drip where the screw screws into the oil pan. Do you usually have to replace anything after changing it such as the washer? I tried to tighten it a few times, but didn't want to over tighten it and have it strip. Any suggestions?

some say change the washer every time. i think the service manual may say to as well....

probably what it is,

go to stealer and pick up a couple. one for now the other as a spare.

I guess I should of looked in the manual. I didn't have to change them on my other bikes, so I wasn't to sure. To the store I go!! :beerchug:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Straight from the service manual:
CAUTION
Replace the gasket washer with a new one.

I have done the 600 mile service and the 4000 mile service myself and never noticed this before. Should I drain my oil and replace this washer now? I have no oil leaks but I don't even remember seeing a washer on the drain plug. :banghead: I can't believe I missed this. :down:

ive done two changes still on oem one. :beerchug:

its good to keep a spare for these situations

iam at 30 k with original crush washer...i never flattend it out by over tightening...no drip for me:cheerleader:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Straight from the service manual:

I have done the 600 mile service and the 4000 mile service myself and never noticed this before. Should I drain my oil and replace this washer now? I have no oil leaks but I don't even remember seeing a washer on the drain plug. :banghead: I can't believe I missed this. :down:

Why would you drain it if its not leaking??

Back