99 BUSA Oil Leak from small hole under exhaust pipe on head

jphillips

Registered
Anybody know what these 4 holes are for on a 99 busa head right below exhaust to head port? Oil coming out of one. Bike runs fine but drips. Does this mean head = scrap?

101_0951.jpg

it's not the complete head cover gasket. there's 4 seperate rings on the head cover. one of the 4 rings around your spark plug holes on the underside have a nick and is allowing oil to seep. I have some on hand if needed.

I know you guys spoke about this back in May about this problem but I thought I would put up some info for our guys looking into this problem.

I just had my 14.5k maintanence done on my 09 Busa and I am having the same problem. I contacted the dealer and the service write-up tech was unsure of what I was talking about. So I sent him pics for the service techs to look at and they say that one of the o-rings on the valve cover gasket in one of spark plug holes may be pinched causing this leak. I'm taking it in tomorrow for them to get it replaced. Luckily I did a PPM and its also caused by them so it will be no $$$ to me to have it fixed.

So if you blocked that little hole up under the exhaust outlet it would fill the spark plug hole with oil ?

Back