Slipons

Duanne

Registered
Well my 2012 is going in for a make over,720km so far bringing it in for its first maintence tune and stuff.Im putting on a set of R-77 slipons,and a K&N airfilter.is this the right move,Im thinking it is,what do you Busa riders think...

busa.jpg

What are your "goals?" At best, the R-77 slip-ons deliver weight savings, looks and some performance gains but the SOUND is on the "quiet" side. The K&N filter will also help a bit.

Im putting on a set of R-77 slipons,and a K&N airfilter.is this the right move,Im thinking it is,what do you Busa riders think...

Don't know what your goals are, but with the slip ons you'll gain some appearance and weight benefits. The filter will save you money in the long run. I've read one account that the K&N flows a little more air than the factory if properly cleaned and oiled but bc you are leaving the factory restriction ( header ) there will be no performance gains IMHO. Considering the cost I would look into a 4-2-1, but that's me.

The sound will improve and the bike will become lighter and will also feel so when manoeuvring. k/n will also help as it flows better and can be reused. But , you wont feel any "seat off pants " difference. If you happy with power , slipons are the way forward. Frankly the bike is too new to do anything. I would ride it for a few thousand miles more just to enjoy it stock before i get into any serious mods.

4 into 1 or nothing. my .02

slip ons are a waste of hard earned $$$

I disagree, you get-looks,sound, and weight savings, I also did not want to buy a power commander and have my bike dyno or use some generic map of line, I love how smooth the bike is from the factory.

Going slip ons was the right move for me at the time. Love the way they look and sound as well as the weight savings. I had to do it quickly because the original owner had dump pipes from the automotive store and got rid of the OEs. It was just too loud and drew way too much attention.

Having just bought the bike, I wasn't ready to shell out big money for the full exhaust, an edit solution, filter, and a dyno tune. Now I am debating between doing a 4-2-1 and selling my slip -ons or just getting a V&H header.

Back