2004 busa vs. 2001 busa

ronniemac

Registered
I have a stock 04 busa with D&D slipons and a friend has a stock 01 busa with Yoshimura slipons. I notice that when we're bringing the rpm's up, racing side by side, he has more power in the throttle than me. I mean, I'm literally in the last gear and the throttle twisted to the end. I also noticed that, another friend of mine with a Kawi ZX-10 has more torque and both guys can pass me. I also have a k&n filter on my bike. I can't understand why this is happening? Any suggestions? Thanks
mad.gif

(ronniemac @ Aug. 28 2007,23:43) I have a stock 04 busa with D&D slipons and a friend has a stock 01 busa with Yoshimura slipons. I notice that when we're bringing the rpm's up, racing side by side, he has more power in the throttle than me.  I mean, I'm literally in the last gear and the throttle twisted to the end.  I also noticed that, another friend of mine with a Kawi ZX-10 has more torque and both guys can pass me.  I also have a k&n filter on my bike.  I can't understand why this is happening?  Any suggestions?  Thanks
mad.gif
Are you BOTH running the stock gear set up 17/40
rock.gif

***I mean, I'm literally in the last gear and the throttle twisted to the end.***
rock.gif
And what gear is that!
lurk.gif

if your in "last gear" assuming you mean 6th,they may still be in 4th and pushing the rpms,thus the reason for leaving you to catch up

There is really no weight difference between us. I take my bike all the way to the 6th. gear. Maybe I am not pushing the rpms in the lower gears?

You need to even the playing field, make sure both busa's are in the SAME gear and approx same amount of gas...then Hit it! Should be pretty even if you are both doing the same thing.

(ronniemac @ Aug. 29 2007,10:03) There is really no weight difference between us.  I take my bike all the way to the 6th. gear.  Maybe I am not pushing the rpms in the lower gears?
Or he changed his gearing without telling you.
wink.gif
There is also the possibility that even though you pin the throttle, your buddy may roll on the throttle quicker than you.

Oh and if the ZX-10 is stock, it doesn't have more torque. It jumps out because it has just as much (if not slightly more) HP & 100lbs less weight. the TQ to weight ratio might favor the Ninja (not certain as I haven't done the math) the overall TQ should be owned by you.

(ronniemac @ Aug. 29 2007,07:03) There is really no weight difference between us.  I take my bike all the way to the 6th. gear.  Maybe I am not pushing the rpms in the lower gears?
Rider makes a big diff
wink.gif
Be sure you have the rpms up when you start, shift quick, and wind every gear out completely, but don't hit the rev limiter. The more you ride your bike the faster you'll get
tounge.gif
And just because someone says they're stock doesn't mean they're stock. I have bolt ons, a bmc filter, a pc and a 16 tooth front sprocket. All anybody can see is the bolt ons, and thats all I admit to
laugh.gif

Back