Quiet EXHAUST? I didn't order that......did I?

dka626

Registered
Can't believe the Yoshimura R-77 Carbomn Fibre slipons I've just bought on ebay are EPA compliant. WTF? Didn't realise till I came across a thread on another forum were this dude had 'em on his busa and said they were no louder than stock..It seems that the screw which holds the baffle in the can is spot welded so it can't be removed therefor no bloody 'noise'. So my question is
"Has anybody got these Yoshimura R-77 EPA compliant pipes and is there away to remove the friggin baffle?"
Cheers people

Return em and go through Justin at Honda East (Sponsor) He'll give you a great price shipped to your door and the Non-EPA versions sound perfect!!!!

Can't believe the Yoshimura R-77 Carbomn Fibre slipons I've just bought on ebay are EPA compliant. WTF? Didn't realise till I came across a thread on another forum were this dude had 'em on his busa and said they were no louder than stock..It seems that the screw which holds the baffle in the can is spot welded so it can't be removed therefor no bloody 'noise'. So my question is
"Has anybody got these Yoshimura R-77 EPA compliant pipes and is there away to remove the friggin baffle?"
Cheers people

If they are new they should have arrived with the baffles in a bag instead of already installed. Mine came in a bag and the hole for the screw was pre-cut. All I had to do was get a punch to open them up so I could put the baffles in(yes I like it quiet). Good luck on whatever you do!

Cheers guys. Tried to cancel order but they are in transit. Could try return but seems like a lot of hassle but I'll have a look first, see how hard it is to access the spot welded nut that secures the baffle. I think you need an long allen key which will make breaking the welds tricky. Can't believe they now have compliant and none compliant aftermarket pipes!!

If they are new they should have arrived with the baffles in a bag instead of already installed. Mine came in a bag and the hole for the screw was pre-cut. All I had to do was get a punch to open them up so I could put the baffles in(yes I like it quiet). Good luck on whatever you do!

Miguel, Yoshimura offers 2 versions of the R77, so the ones you got would be the "race" version

Back