Slide pics from last night

The guy I got my fairings from was $2400 with custom paint. They are OEM fairings as far as I can see, in great condition (but not 100% new). Would not be OEM perfect but still nice. PM me if you want to talk to him.

Honestly. looks like you might want to total it though bro. If you just want to do a build be sure the engine is ok first. You can probably run it (check noises and leaks) once the stator issue is resolved. In any event you want someone who knows what they are doing give it a close look.

That bent bolt in the lower engine case by the stator may have broken the engine case . A cracked engine case will total the bike most of the time . If you need a black front fender let me know . yours for shipping cost .
Yeah that's what I'm worried about but my hands are to sore today to get down underneath her to get a good view. I'm going to try to get her up on the rear stand when I get home so I can see better

Well the motor case is ok just the stator cover broke.

20190807_200929.jpg

Be thankful that all you’ll have to pay for those way too expensive fairing pieces is your deductible. The prices for the stator and cover pale in comparison.
Yeah I know I had already looked at replacing the cover with one with a kanji carved in it. I looked not long ago at the aftermarket fairing kits too since most of mine had some small cosmetic damage from tnr first owner. Honestly I think everything that had to be replaced now is stuff that I wanted to do anyway I just didn't want it to be cause of a crash

Yeah I know I had already looked at replacing the cover with one with a kanji carved in it. I looked not long ago at the aftermarket fairing kits too since most of mine had some small cosmetic damage from tnr first owner. Honestly I think everything that had to be replaced now is stuff that I wanted to do anyway I just didn't want it to be cause of a crash

Remember that your Ins. Co. should pay you direct, not the place whose estimate they accepted and their adjuster might have used.

Depending on what happens, I looked on Amazon and you can get premium aftermarket fairings for around $1k, there are stators and stator covers, mirrors, handle bars and probably whatever you need. For a couple grand you could have it back up and running.

Remember that your Ins. Co. should pay you direct, not the place whose estimate they accepted and their adjuster might have used.
Dude I'm the only one that's even involved in the work, there's not a shop around here that'll even do an estimate for me. I'll have to figure up an estimate, have them approve it ONLINE nobody will come out and look at the bike and if they dont total her I'll be the one doing all the repairs. Idk if that's a good or bad thing judging the value and damage just from pictures but thats what the ins companies are moving to

I thought the stator area did not have oil in it? Where is that oil coming from?
Uhmm...?! Then I may have a bigger problem than it looks like cause there was oil coming from there right after we went down unless theres something hurt under the fairings I havent seen yet

Dude I'm the only one that's even involved in the work, there's not a shop around here that'll even do an estimate for me. I'll have to figure up an estimate, have them approve it ONLINE nobody will come out and look at the bike and if they dont total her I'll be the one doing all the repairs. Idk if that's a good or bad thing judging the value and damage just from pictures but thats what the ins companies are moving to
As long as the skeleton is OK, the rest can be bought aftermarket. The re-pop fairings aren't as good as OEM (so I hear) but they look ok. Everything else can be sourced easily enough.

Back