Slide pics from last night

As long as the skeleton is OK, the rest can be bought aftermarket. The re-pop fairings aren't as good as OEM (so I hear) but they look ok. Everything else can be sourced easily enough.
I want to replace my lower and inner fairings with carbon fiber anyway and the only place on the tail that got hit it the bubble that houses the right tail light and I'm gonna go with cf there too. May end up being the only OEM plastic going back on is the nose and windscreen

During your hiatus we determined that varies by state....

(We) did eh? That’s too bad. If I insure something and it’s damaged, the pay back (to me) should be direct and according to the “value” of the loss. And when I’m paid for that damage via the coverage I’ve already paid for, the payee should be (me) no matter where I live. For example, if it took $500 to just get it up and running regardless of plastics damage, I should be able to do what I want the insurance money. But, those laws are different by state?

@Blacksmith this number is to a craigslist ad in Jacksonville that has parts for gen 1 and 2. He said to call for prices if it’s any help to you.

(We) did eh? That’s too bad. If I insure something and it’s damaged, the pay back (to me) should be direct and according to the “value” of the loss. And when I’m paid for that damage via the coverage I’ve already paid for, the payee should be (me) no matter where I live. For example, if it took $500 to just get it up and running regardless of plastics damage, I should be able to do what I want the insurance money. But, those laws are different by state?
Yeah, we, as in several of us, participated in a discussion (we did this a lot while you were gone :poke: :poke: ) about who gets the check. I for example have had the insurance company write one to me and the body shop.

Reactions: c10
I was in collision repair for many years. Each insurance company handles things differently. Geico and Progressive will not replace body panels with OEM parts. They only use aftermarket that’s one reason they are cheaper than most other companies. State Farm uses OEM body panels and is one of the few companies that does so. Each company has different levels of damage that are required to total a vehicle they range from 60%-85% of the value of the vehicle. Most people think that if a frame is bent that totals the vehicle. Totally not true. I’ve straightened frames that were completely bent and kinked like a pretzel. It boils down to price of repair and value of vehicle.

I was in collision repair for many years. Each insurance company handles things differently. Geico and Progressive will not replace body panels with OEM parts. They only use aftermarket that’s one reason they are cheaper than most other companies. State Farm uses OEM body panels and is one of the few companies that does so. Each company has different levels of damage that are required to total a vehicle they range from 60%-85% of the value of the vehicle. Most people think that if a frame is bent that totals the vehicle. Totally not true. I’ve straightened frames that were completely bent and kinked like a pretzel. It boils down to price of repair and value of vehicle.

Depends on state laws on salvaged vehicles too. California salvaged a vehicle if the frame is bent, no questions asked. Even if the damage is 5% of the value.

Sounds like you are talking about cars(?).

Back