SKELETON TOP TRIPPLE TREE

03BUSABOY

Registered
I HAVE THE DIAMOND POWERSPORTS SKELETON STYLE TRIPPLE TREE. EVERYTHING WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I INSTALL MY HANDLEBARS BACK ON I CANT GET THEM HOW I WANT THEM OR ELSE THE RESIVORS WILL HIT THE WINDSCREEN. ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET IT NOT TO HIT IS TO HAVE THE LEVERS ALMOST ANGELED UPWARDS. AND I LIKE THEM POINTING DOWN A LITTLE LOWER THEN LEVEL WIHT THE HANDLEBARS. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON ANYTHING I CAN DO TO ALLOW ME TO LOWER MY LEVERS A LITTLE MORE WITH THE SKELETON TREE PLEASE LET ME KNOW AT BAGGEDN20SCHEVY@AOL.COM THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR IMPUT I APPRECIATE IT A LOT

PHAT JIMMY

wheelie.gif

I have the same one, but haven't completely the install yet. I believe WarBaby has one also, so you can PM him for additional info.

Same one that I have. It is a tight fit for the reservoirs, but mine do not hit. If you angle them down, they will touch the fairing at near full turn.

Picture_117.jpg

That the one I have and I have the same problem. I think that any of the upper clamps that go on like these do will have the same problem to some extent. The ones that TRAC makes use the lower position and remove the rubber cushion that is below the upper clamp. Thats what I will put on this winter.

CLRWTRBUSA YOU DONT HAVE THE DIAMOND SPORT ONE CAUSE YOUR CUT OUT IS DIFFERENT THAT LOOKS LIKE THE ONE YOU CNA GET OFF EBAY I LIKE THE DIAMOND SPORTS CAUSE ITS ACTUALLY COUT OUT IN THE MIDDLE TOO.. BUT HOOKEN I DONT THINK YOU CAN MOUNT IT WITHOUT THE CUSHIONS CUASE I THINK THEY ACTUALLY SUPPORT THE LOWER BOLT AND KEEPS IT FROM GOING UP INTO THE HOLE FROM THE BOTTOM IT ACTS LIKE A WASHER BUT I DONT KNOW I MIGHT TRY IT IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS IF TAKING THE YOU RUBBER BUSHING TYPE THINGS OFF WOULD HURT ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP....

wheelie.gif

No thats not what I ment. The way you have it is right. What I ment was there is one that is made by a company called TRAC it is solid and it mounts different.
smile.gif

ok then it looks like to wont be trying it.... i guess ill just have to get used to riding it with the levers level again instead on pointing down more. but oh well guess thats something you gotta give when going for show looks... give a little take a little if anyone else knows anything let me know thanks

phat jimmy

shake.gif

I have a Diamond PowerSports top clamp also but mine is the solid one.......and I have the same problem. I've tried every position possible with no luck. I may try it without the bushings though......never thought of that.

Hey clrwtrbusa....is that carbon fiber inner panels I see? If so......where did you find them? I think they look great and would match my windscreen also.

I have a Diamond PowerSports top clamp also but mine is the solid one.......and I have the same problem. I've tried every position possible with no luck. I may try it without the bushings though......never thought of that.

Hey clrwtrbusa....is that carbon fiber inner panels I see? If so......where did you find them? I think they look great and would match my windscreen also.
Those are from Catalystracingcomposites in Cali. They have discontinued making them, but OPPracing.com is going to be handeling them. They finish the bike off just right.

Well.....I tried the top-clamp without the bushings and there was no added clearance. Also, it seemed that the top-clamp just didn't fit right that way. I guess I'll try something different......Any of you come up with a solution to this....Please let us know.

Here is mine installed on my bike and still cant find a way to get the levers too lower any without hitting the screen. Yea its naked the plastics are all off getting ready for paint.

Busa_Plastics__sanded__001.jpg

I took mine off and went with a solid one. Mine was not from Diamond, but it fit without hitting. Here is the new one.

PC180048.JPG

Are they actually any lighter?

OR...

Just a bling mod?
I DONT THINK THEY ARE TOO MUCH LIGHTER ACTUALLY ABOUT THE SAME WEIGHT. BUT THEY OFFER LITTLE STYLE BEING CUT OUT LIKE A SKELETON.. FITS MY THEME WELL CONSIDERING IM HAVING HALF THE BIKE DONE IN GHOST SKULLS...STAY TUNED FOR MORE PAINT INFO IN GENERAL RELATED BIKE STUFF.

BOTH_SKULL_PICS.JPG

Back