Show Me Your Lowering Triple Tree Top Clamp!

Jake whitebird

Registered
Have had mine strapped for far too long, will need to lower it before season comes. Lots of top clamps out there, I really like the looks of the “skeleton” where it’s been machined out and not solid. So show me yours!

It’s dirty, just installed and pulling the forks tonight to rebuild.

21B5711B-2417-49F9-B516-3280BC42EA65.jpeg

It doesn't appear the forks are coming through the triple 1.5"? I haven't looked since I installed mine, but aren't 08-up limited to only 3/4" drop due to tapering of the forks? Or do you have straps or different springs as well?

3/4 of an inch protruding through the top of the clamp is just shy of a 1.5" drop. When you replace the OEM clamp the forks are recessed about .7"

Don't make the the mistake of using a PitBull style front stand. It didn't work out for me. I ended up having to let the air out of the tire and having 2 guys lift the front while I removing the pin from the lift.

20180224_151418.jpg

20180225_163126.jpg

3/4 of an inch protruding through the top of the clamp is just shy of a 1.5" drop. When you replace the OEM clamp the forks are recessed about .7"

Don't make the the mistake of using a PitBull style front stand. It didn't work out for me. I ended up having to let the air out of the tire and having 2 guys lift the front while I removing the pin from the lift.

I didn't realize that at all, I always just took it as Gen2's were maxed at 3/4". Makes me happy knowing that and even while mine was even to triple at first, it appeared lower. That's what I get for not taking before and after measurements. :) Thanks!

I've often thought of getting a stem stand too, guess I'll stick with my old fork stand for sure. Good info!

Roaring toyz, been playing around with angles, and heights. Had 1.5” protruding, decided that was too much. Stepped it down to 3/4”, kept cushioning. Remounted fuel pump so no ride yet Gen 2 shock off to Lee’s for revalve so gen 1 shock back in it for now. Tiger racing Dual gauge mount n autometers going in this week.....
9A9F0AB2-DDF5-4D7C-BE85-3D8B6060CB9D.jpeg
9962B8D2-A8D1-47B9-BBD5-D0F8B28A1E28.jpeg

Mine hits with stock bars and pazzo shortys. So I had to do some twisting/adjusting to get them to clear, now they’re alright

If you wanna get rid of that top clamp, let me know ;)

I love how the Brock's looks. Does it hit at full lock?

Yes , the RCS hit at full lock with this set up , have had a close encounter with brake activation late last year , which convinced me to change over to different set up . I may still be needing the Brocks for another Busa in future , with different master cylinders set up , so be keeping it bro . It is a neat piece , and good to go along with Brocks exhaust .

Back