Site Shutdown now on Thursday or Friday PM

G

Change of plans...the site will be down for upgrade on either Thursday or Friday at 8.

We had both toilets in the house break in the last two nights, so other, more smelly sorts of things have taken precendence. :)

Hope you guys are looking forward to it.

BigDog

cool... everyone should be out riding friday anyway.... I will when I get my busa! And if you aren't let me know and I will be happy to come over and excercise her for ya!!!!!!

Later,
Bill

PS moving it to the top TOO!
lol

bigdog pls check email---hayabusagsxr1300r can't get on still, weird.

Bigdog, I couldn't get on last night! Made my wife happy!Figured you where doing your thing then! wonder what happened? Message read SERVER DOWN or something about the server!

How weird, I haven't been able to get on all day, thought it was already down...?

must have been some problem between here and there because access looks pretty constant according to the logs...let me know if you continue to have trouble.

BigDog

Last night (16th) was a local problem...we were renumbering the network and doing some firewall stuff...

I wanted to coincide my updates with that, but between the "toilet fiasco" and my local ISP having intermittent troubles (READ: constant poop...unreliable) since Monday AM, I haven't hardly been able to touch the machine from home for updates this week...couldn't get to it from the house on the evening of the 17th, either...I'm hoping this won't push me back further.

Basically two different network problems. When you couldn't get to hayabusa.org on the 16th in the PM, that was because I didn't have a choice and had to go ahead and renumber and do some of the updating. I am also having trouble getting to anywher eon the net from home (including to where this server sits) since Monday AM and it isn't stablizing yet that I know of.

We'll see how it all turns out...

As for user hayabusaGSX1300R, I would guess that there is something else involved there...for starters, it appears correctly to everyone we know of but her. That tells me that there could be something like a caching engine or the like or that she has her browser cache turned on and hit it first during the time on the 16th in the PM when we were renumbering the box.

Finally, she's behind some sort of firewall or NAT box. The IP provided that is supposedly hers is a private class C address...private addresses are NOT internet routable. I'll need to know more about where she's at. For more info on private class C addresses, you can read RFC1918.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1918.html

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved the following three blocks of the IP address space for private internets:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)

BigDog

Back