NOTE ABOUT THE SITE...PLEASE READ

G

Hey guys...

There has been some talk on the web forums and mailing lists about a power trip with regard to the administration of the hayabusa.org site. If this were, the censoring would have been turned on initially and I would have set forth a complicated set of rules from the jump. I would also not allow people to insult me or the site on the forum or put up with the emails I receive from some folks that act as though they put out the time, effort and money while bitching about site updates.

I'm not looking for a thank you or to be martyred as a "net saint" for building the site. What I am talking about is being given a little latitude in trying to fix some problems and run a site that costs quite a bit without being ragged on for doing so. The simple truth is that I will not be able to continue to support the traffic and bandwidth we're seeing at the site (especially with picture posting, etc) without some sort of method for earning money...that means that I cannot have people behaving like idiots.

I think group purchases are a wonderful idea and that we already have enough to hope for deals from smaller companies. I have been working on two and will post them if they work out...that said, I still don't know of anyone I can guarantee will not worry more about themselves that the group or the site itself. I am obviously having a problem evaluating people over the web, as evidenced by many of the emails I mentioned above coming from people that I thought were "right-thinking" guys. This makes me wary of having someone represent the site or company. There are a few folks I would feel comfortable with in this "deal-making" capacity, but most of them have a conflict of interest (run other sites or work with manufacturers or racers) that might be a problem, in my opinion.

I'm working on a better solution and will hopefully have some looser rules and better procedures soon, as well as some group purchases options...I hope you guys can understand the time this takes.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank alot of the guys that have expressed support and thanks by sending along courteous notes and, in particular, the guy that sent along the full Akropovic set and the gal that sent along her panties as a thank you. You guys make this worthwhile...

BigDog
admin@hayabusa.org

PS -- no, I did not really get a free set of Akropovic pipes or any panties...just wondered how many people would read this far <GRIN>. Ride carefully...

I'll send you a pair of my panties if you really want 'em, Bigdog...Just kidding!!

Thanks for your efforts, Man. I for one do appreciate what you have done here.

We need this site.........keep up the good work, I have learned so much from this site and have met a bunch of neat people.................

Bigdog, it all boils down to the honor system, it doesnt work , the iron fist is the only way. Our military would have never won any wars if it was based on the honor system. The Iron fist is the only way to make the fools and idiots act like the better majority does, sad but true.

You've got my support.

(I can't believe I typo'd a sentence that short.)

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 18 October 1999).]

Big Dog... as a newcomer to this type of activity I find this site invaluable! I think it's a great place, I go here almost every day. Please keep up the good work. I've learned alot about a great motorcycle in a very short time. Experience would have been a much more difficult teacher. Now about those T-Shirts...

I for one am very thankful that you got it cleaned up. As an engineer in the motor sports industry I belong to a few org's and forums and am constantly checking them and news groups for new information. Now as a Busa owner, I natrually check this site everyday, and for a while there, I just about couldn't check the site because there was just to many useless threads to attempt to sort through. Too many1986 600 Ninja niding Bozo's who just because they have a subscription to Cycle World, are under the impression that they are the gift to the sportbike world, coming to our site and stirring up trouble. In my position, I talk to alot of the motor builders around the country, and I learn alot from the pro's. I have been very reluctant to post any information because I dont want to end up in an argument with one of these bozo's or possibly slip and tell a secret from inside the industry or that one of our clients is trying to keep hush-hush.
Anyway, dont listen to the morons, you did the right thing by cleaning it up.
Ok, enough of my ramblings.
Keep up the good work,
Paul

The Iron Fist? C'mon toughen up man!

Personally I think covert torture, property confiscation and secret executions are more effective at keeping fools like us in line with the Better Majority.

You wouldn't happen to be affiliated with the Illinois Nazis, would you? :)

BigDog - Thank you for all your hard work, Hayabusa.org is one of my must see's every morning. You have created a great site that will only get better as time goes on!

About those panties - how do they work with the Akropovic pipes? Must be some type of header insulation.

BigDog, this is a great site, lots of knowledge and experience out there that gets brought together at one place!! Keep it up.

This has always been a good site and is still a better site than I have found elsewhere. I like being on a Hayabusa site that is primarily owners. There are plenty of just chat sites for all input. This bike is not a fluke,it thrives and will continue to expand the class it defines. I for one hope the site grows with the bike. Also I thank you Big Dog for your efforts.

Thanks Big Dog for this Website,the information we share here helps owners that might have simular problems with their Hayabusa.It also keeps us informed on how the various Suzuki dealers treat their paying customer and what dealers to keep away from.It also keeps us inform on what is going on in the other parts of the world with other Hayabusa owners.Thanks again for this site.Maybe one day we can have one big get together,maybe on Maui or Vegas or maybe the big River Run in Laugin Neveda next April!!!!

There's always one (or several) in a crowd. This is a great site. Keep up the outstanding job and don't change a thing!

Back