Site Change?

Pit Bull

Registered
I noticed that when going to the site a couple of days ago that when I clicked on to the forums from the main page that the topics didn't show until I signed in.It's that way wether I do this from my home PC or the one at work. Did the site change - does anyone who wants to just read the posts have to do so, or if not already a member sign up? Just curious, I like to read the posts from work without logging in(for obvious reasons) and wondered why the change?

Pit Bull

Yeah, I noticed I couldn't see any posts unless I logged in yesterday...some changes going on...

Wondered the same thing Pit. Kinda wierd all of a sudden.
rock.gif

Well, here is the short of it fellas. Last month we had just a little over 3400 URL's that linked to the message board from all over the Internet. The board alone had over 7 million hits in Dec. I like to keep track of what is going on around here and this provides me a way to motivate those lurkers out there that want to join the site but have no reason to. I know that there are a lot of you that may lurk in the day and sign on in the evening, and for this I apologize. I don't want the site to become a place that people come to to read only but to participate in and share experiences. If you will notice membership is running around 10 new members each day since I made the changes. It's not about the numbers it's about helping others make the first step which is registering. The next step is posting, this board is not about me its about the members and their experiences and insight. We all need to make sure that we are giving back as much to the site as we get. Everyone needs to share information, the info that you provide might just be the info that someone needs to make a decision on so everyone please participate. If you come here to read and enjoy then you need to become interactive if your not already. So there it is fellas your thoughts?

Cap

Thanks Captain for the explanation. Makes me feel better knowing that it's the same for everyone - thought my computer was hosing up again at first.

Pit Bull

Logging into this particular board from work should be fairly trouble free admin wise anyway. I shouldn't be here right now but it hasn't been a problem yet.
So log on in, tell it remember your details and have at it. I didn't even realized that the Cap had made any changes...

Oh and buy your IT guys lunch and maybe a few beers after work. I call it chumming for IT immunity... In most offices if the IT person digs you...you can get away with murder....or surfing the web...
biggrin.gif
Extra bonus points if your IT person is a sexy Blonde....

I was always logged in anyways...so, doesn't really affect me...

...hope more members hop on board then captain...it's good to see the site grow...

Oh, and I'm in IT, so I give myself permission to surf throughout the day...it's called stress relief.  My coworkers wouldn't like me very much if I were to get stressed...boss understands this and doesn't give me grief, yet...grrrrrr...don't touch my keyboard!

tounge.gif

Working in a boiler room...The IT people aren't seen enough to get chummy with. Something to do with the heat, steam, oil, dirt, etc...I guess. I just try not to stay logged on for more than a few minutes, then I off. Less suspicious that way I think.

VaBusa would be the perfect IT rep. Blonde, and rides a Busa.
biggrin.gif

Back