single man+income tax=screwed

tourbus

Registered
i was wondering how many of you single men out there ie,no kids,no wife,just you, take a beating at tax time. I just got mine done & liked to s#@t my pant,its robbery. What pisses me off is i have a co-worker that makes the identical $ i do but, he has a kid and he's getting way more back then what he paid in. i guess thats the good ole american federal gov. for ya
mad.gif

He might be getting a tax break on the kids at tax time, but the kid will drain his wallet just the same and then some during the rest of the year.
smile.gif

My fourth is on the way very soon, but I won't be able to claim her until next year.
sad.gif

I paid in $10462.00 in federal and no state tax. I am single no kids, nothing special but I work in aviation and ........well to keep it short I got back almost 6K last year, usually its around 3K. I just fax him my stuff and a check is in my hands in less than a week. If anyone is interested in him let me know and I will post his info. I have been using him for years now.

The worst thing you can do is go to H&R, or use Turbo Tax, they are in bed with the IRS to keep refunds low so they can keep the overages from what you really should get back versus what they cut you a check for.

In cash? or information? Note: Cash offer void everywhere. I will post his contact info when I get back to the house after work if you want it.

try being a DINK + house with no kids...
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

I paid more in Fed. than my wife grossed at her full time job.

But then again.... most everyone here has some toys that the average joe dreams of...so take a deep breath and try imagining life without your Busa.
SHOCKED.gif

It helps take the sting out of tax time! (except for the property taxes that more than doubled this year!!! )

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(dinoap @ Jan. 12 2007,14:53) I paid in $10462.00 in federal and no state tax.  I am single no kids, nothing special but I work in aviation and ........well to keep it short I got back almost 6K last year, usually its around 3K.  I just fax him my stuff and a check is in my hands in less than a week.   If anyone is interested in him let me know and I will post his info.  I have been using him for years now.  

The worst thing you can do is go to H&R, or use Turbo Tax, they are in bed with the IRS to keep refunds low so they can keep the overages from what you really should get back versus what they cut you a check for.
don't forget CPA's are in the same boat..

runeight...

(heavybusa @ Jan. 12 2007,14:46) dude I paid 6 grand in taxes just for federal.  
guns.gif
Was this your tax after deductions or just the amount taken out in 06.

runeight...

(runeight @ Jan. 12 2007,18:57)
(heavybusa @ Jan. 12 2007,14:46) dude I paid 6 grand in taxes just for federal.
guns.gif
Was this your tax after deductions or just the amount taken out in 06.

runeight...
Amount taken as of my last pay stub.

I don't pay social security tax since I am employed by the railroad.

I do pay a tier 1 tax (my retirement)
I pay a tier 2 tax which is equal to social security.
I pay a medicare tax.
I pay federal.
I pay state.

Total this year as of last paycheck stub.....

$32,094.79
wow.gif

Feel better Greg?
smile.gif

runeight...

Just for anyone who wants to give my guy a call.

J R Kennedy & Associates

859-358-2620

WOW!!! My total after social sec, state, fed, and all that was right under 12 grand.

Thanks Run.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Jan. 12 2007,17:11) WOW!!!  My total after social sec, state, fed, and all that was right under 12 grand.

Thanks Run.  
beerchug.gif
It boils down to the tax bracket you can get yourself into. The house will make a big difference next year.

My accountant gets me in the 13% bracket every year. Should be a nice refund.

biggrin.gif

Back