Single front rotor

slngshott

Registered
Any one running with only one front rotor? Pics please and how does it stop with only one? I am thinking of removing the right side front rotor and caliper to show more of my custom wheels.I dont do alot of hard cornering more cruising than anything. I am going to use the stock line runing it to the left side instead of going to the right and running the cross line over to the left and not using the cross line. I just hate when people look at it fast and say nice polised factory rims.They are sure not factory and I just want to show them off more.

It will be fine, it is done on my 40th busa with chrome rims looks nice, I really don't see that much of a dis-improvement on braking.

orangebusa.jpg

You are going to get quite a bit of discussion with this topic, bottom line, its your bike, do what makes you happy.

Do it for show only...performance wise, if you double up or hit the twisties you'll lose a lot of braking power and will fade~!~

We run one rotor for top speed challenges and have learned from experience, once raised back up to stocl height for the twisties, we'll have that one rotor smoking and turning colors~!~

I bought mine that way and will be changing it back... but then again they put a stainless line on there so it actually works ok for aggressive riding...

Then again I bet I dont know what Im missing.. will soon!

I know guys that run one rotor and have had no problem, I don't do it.

I know guys who ride well with one rotor. Obviously not track, but spirited riding. Enough people do it that I wouldn't be that concerned unless you are heading to a track.

Back