Sierra FOGs merge with the NorCal JaBoBs..

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
What a day! Forecast for good ole Carson City stood at 100 degrees for today so the FOGs got an early start in anticipation of doing Monitor Pass and then south on 395 for a run at Sonora Pass. What luck..........we do the Monitor run, pull into Walker for a quick break and gas top off. We're sitting there drinking GatorAide and talkin' bikes and whatever when low and behold, in comes Russ Pardini's friend and fellow JaBoB (Just another bunch of bikes) member Steve (ORG name = ButtHead ) and 4 or 5 other JaBoB members. They had just come up 88 from NorCal and were going to do Sonora Pass! Unbelievable timing, to say the least. But the "this is a small world" saying goes to another level.....................so we all head south and take the west turnoff on 108 and thus towards Sonora Pass. One of the JaBoBs waves me past him just before we begin our assault on the Pass. I look in my mirror several times to make sure my two FOG members (Mike and Robster) are back of the pack. We all decided to stop in Dardanelle which is on the west side of the pass and after all the fun twisty stuff is over with. So, we pull into Dardanelle and guess who is there along with over 100 Harley riders (Fund Run of some sort)? Russ Pardini! Anyway, I start watching the road for my two FOG friends. 10, 20 minutes later, no FOGers in sight. I hated to leave the festivities and new found friends so soon, but I had to start back tracking up Sonora Pass looking for my bros. Yikes, never did run them down! They must have decided to turn around at the summit or whatever!? I'm going to email them shorty to find out why they didn't follow through with the plan to meet up in Dardanelle. Oh well, I had an absolute blast and look forward to hooking up with those guys again soon. BTW, all of them are absolutely great riders, I didn't have time to even breathe during half the ride! Whew!
Anyway, a few pics for my ORG friends attached.
FOG members Robster, Mike and me in the first few. Then there is Steve (ButtHead) and his crew right after they pulled into Walker. Last and surely not least is Russ Pardini along with his fund raising HD riders.

100_3907 (Large).jpg

100_3912 (Large).jpg

100_3913 (Large).jpg

100_3914 (Large).jpg

100_3916 (Large).jpg

Jimbo:

Great to meet up and ride with you again! Thanks for the compliments on riding skills... I just happen to surround myself with some pretty good riders and then manage to at least have something rub off as long as I don't fall off! Plus, you are certainly no slouch!!! Great pictures too!

Hope your two buddies are OK, heard about a few motorcycle accidents on 108, I figured mostly to do with the Dardanelle gathering?

Until next time...

Let's RIDE!
ButtHead

I just got home.

The Hardly Fun Run ended in disaster for us. After all the prizes were handed out in Dardanelle our group of three decided to go up and over Sonora. Pops led the way to Walker where we gassed. I took to point to Monitor, time to have some fun. I left Pops and my buddy both on Hardlies and blitzed Monitor to the saddle, let them catch up before hammering the second half to Hwy 4. They didn't make it. Made the dreaded U Turn and came across my buddy a couple minutes back up the hill. Pops was down. About that time the County Mountie came by headed to the scene, I followed him back.

Pops ran the FatBoy off the right side of the road, maybe doing 35 or 40 at the 1st or second turn after the saddle. He's busted up pretty good, got a copter ride to the Trauma Center in Reno. He's still there in ICU, stable, but hurtin'. Eight broken ribs on right side in the back, fractured pelvis, left side ribs broken off the sternum, Right kidney took a hit, large hematoma on it, but not bleeding, pneumothorax at the sternum on the left side and the full shield on his 1/2 helmet caught his lower lip on the inside. Ripped the lip away from his gum and he has an irregular heart rhythm. He is having a hard time breathing, but not on a ventilator. Hopefully, he will be able to continue to breathe with out being intubated. The big problem is fluid build up in his lungs then possible pneumonia. All in all pretty lucky considering his tee shirt and tennys gear and crap helmet. Landed in the soft sandy shoulder and not on the asphalt, so he didn't get rashed. .

A great day turned sour fast. I think he will recover fairly well, but not easy on a guy that's 76. The Fatboy is banged up, not sure if it will be a total.

Last edited:
That's awful Russ, the poor guy. I can't imagine that many ribs broken, I just bruised mine once crashing a quad on a jump and couldn't lay down, let alone roll over in bed for months. Would body armor have helped a lot? Doyle

Ohhhh ****e! I'm so sorry for your pop Russ! It's Monday AM and I'm reading all this for the first time! prayers sent my good friend!! :please:
Let me know if I can do anything for you or your dad. I'm just 30 miles south of Reno if he's still in the hospital there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes.

They had to put him on a ventilator. It will probably be two weeks before he is released barring complications.

I think a back protector would have helped, but difficult to speculate as to how much.

Russ, so sorry to hear about your dad. That is just retched...If he survived it...and he did...he will recover...but Russ...the severity of the injuries in an older guy will take over a year to heal...but thank god he didn't get worse....I am almost nauseated to think of his pain level....give my dad my hello and wishes for a speedy recovery...

Hows he doing now..hopefully better Russ...

His condition is stable.

He's got pneumonia, still on the ventilator, chest tubes right and left. Will be in ICU for at least a couple more weeks.

If any one has some extra credits with the Big Guy upstairs please apply them to my Pops account.

I am currently Cashing in ALL my Credits with the Big Guy and Depositing in your Dads Account. :please: ...................I am there for your Brother. You and your Dad are Good People !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His condition is stable.

He's got pneumonia, still on the ventilator, chest tubes right and left. Will be in ICU for at least a couple more weeks.

If any one has some extra credits with the Big Guy upstairs please apply them to my Pops account.

Russ:

So sorry to read the above... All of my 'credits' are heading your Dad's way!!!

Have a safe & sane 1000 miler tomorrow and take care of yourself, your Dad is going to be needing ya!

Later,
ButtHead

So glad to hear that your pop is stable Russ! He'll be on the road to recovery now!
I KNOW when he's up to it, you'll be preaching the ATGATT scenario to him!

Back