Siberian Husky joined the family

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
The name is "Een" any Husky owners, would appreciate tips on how to raise this pup.

009_edited-1.jpg

Husky pups get bored very quickly, I had to re-do my entire den at my old house, he scratched and ate dry wall, carpet etc!! Then as an adult he found absolutely nothing wrong with digging hundreds of holes in my yard for fun!!

They are GREAT dogs, as smart as can be, YOU jut have to keep them interested!! Huskies LOVE to run, and will do so at a moments notice...

Best thing you could ever do is get another Husky now....my daughter has two Husky's and they wear each other out all day long. (Saves drywall etc..) Bad thing is, they all are diggers....they bring the doggies over to visit and they go digging for China evertime they are here. They are also escape artists according to our invisable fence guy. Cute pup!

Best thing you could ever do is get another Husky now....my daughter has two Husky's and they wear each other out all day long. (Saves drywall etc..) Bad thing is, they all are diggers....they bring the doggies over to visit and they go digging for China evertime they are here. They are also escape artists according to our invisable fence guy. Cute pup!

Yes, definitely escape artists!! Dig under or climb over any fence!!

I have a combo that is Husky proof. It is a 5 foot tall fence that has an invisible fence wire at the fence line with a 12 volt cow fence wire run about 1 foot up at the base. No getting out for them guys...sounds crazy, but love the pups and don't want them getting out and getting hurt. This gives them a modest acre or so to roam and run in the back yard.

Yes, definitely escape artists!! Dig under or climb over any fence!!

I have a combo that is Husky proof. It is a 5 foot tall fence that has an invisible fence wire at the fence line with a 12 volt cow fence wire run about 1 foot up at the base. No getting out for them guys...sounds crazy, but love the pups and don't want them getting out and getting hurt. This gives them a modest acre or so to roam and run in the back yard.

Great set-up!! Being the escape artists they are I will bet you they still figure a way to make a break...but I hope not! My Husky ALMOST always came home after a day of running!

We have two huskies, both brown male huskies. The oldest is almost three and the other is almost 2. When we just had one, we had to pick up everything in the floor or on a table before we left because he would find it and shred it (Even chewed on the couch and a coffee table once). He just got bored being alone.

We got the second husky really just hoping it would be a friend for the other one. It was a great idea. They run around and play with each other all day. I hope you have a decent sized fenced in yard because they LOVE RUNNING!!! I cannot tell you how much energy they have. They are super fast too. I would hook them up to a sled if i could.

They are diggers for sure but we have never had a problem with them trying to escape. We just have a regular chain link fence and they never try to leave even when we are gone.

We love ours to death and do not regret getting them ever!

Good looking pup by the way!

By the way I am TwoBrothersBusa's son-in-law that he mentioned.

Here is a pic of our two recently in their true element
Copper - Our oldest (almost 3)
100_5398.jpg

Rocky (almost 2)
100_4822.jpg

Last edited:
One other thing we were surprised by is that they are two completely different dogs. Our oldest I swear is a human and can think through situations before he does them. He acts a lot like he is too good for everything and the younger one is dumber than a box of rocks.

Poor Rocky gets no respect...:laugh:

One other thing we were surprised by is that they are two completely different dogs. Our oldest I swear is a human and can think through situations before he does them. He acts a lot like he is too good for everything and the younger one is dumber than a box of rocks.

i have bred and raised huskeys for years...they are truely a unique breed. here is a pic of the last one we have left as one of the downfalls of the breed is they NEED lots of attention and exercise...this i am not able to give...so i got out of the breeding...his name is maverick and he is a big loveable pain in the kiester. sorry his eyes (double blue) are closed it was dark and flash must have made him squint

SANY1456 (Medium).JPG

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks all, good information so far. We are building and will move in March, about 1 acre. We have a second dog, a jungle dog imported from American Samoa, where I did an assignment, more energy than I can handle. Hopefully the two will wear each other out, once the Husky gets a bit older.

I have been pretty successful with an electronic fence so far, I hope that will work with the Husky when he grows up.

Back