Shut off problem

busamac1300

Registered
01 Busa PCIII K&N filter dual shorty megaphones. The issue I am having is when riding the bike it will shut down and then kick back on. RPM will go to zero and jump back up. I started to look at the gages when it did it and it was pretty consistent when I went over 65 it would shut down and then kick back on. If I stayed below 65 it never shuts off. I am lost on what could cause this. Any clue guys ??????

I have a 2000 with dual Yosh triv ovals, K&N and PCIII and today while I was driving home from work, cruisin at about 75, the bike just shut off as you said, RPM gauge dropped down then it kicked back on. While I was thinking "WTF?" it did it again so I pulled over. The bike was running normal and with no lights. Turned it off and then back on and it started and ran fine. Its the first time its happened. WTF?

did it stumble or anything or just a instant shut off and then back on?
if it was instant my best guess is it is electrical

I have had this problem twice in the last week and last night it happened about 4 times on the freeway. Anyone have an idea of what it is?

(Tip over sensor).try when it starts to die shake the bike like your trying to warm up the tyres...if it comes back to life that's your drama

Roscovian, most people get burned by this at first and have to get accustomed to this tenet of forums: The above posts were from twelve years ago so there is no sense in advising the original posters.

At some point it is a good idea, if you have not done so already, to mark the entire forum as "read". After that, when threads are created, it is more obvious that they are new.

Back