Busa Shuts off

Apex

Donating Member
Registered
I just took my Busa for a spin for the first time this season and it kept shutting off on me. It did this at various speeds and gears. I would be riding along and all the sudden it would go from 4000-5000 prm to completely off no rpms and the bike would shut down. It would start up again on its own shortly afterwards but then shut down a short time later. Any ideas as to why this is happening. 2001 busa full yoshi exhaust K&N filter and pcIII Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bad Battery Connection, Faulty Kick stand Switch, Faulty Kill switch, ecu(as stated above), Fuel (as stated above).Is the FI light kicking on? Look at the easy stuff first.

Check your idle. If its to low it will shut off with the clutch pulled in.

not having problem at idle just when riding at normal rpms how would i test if it is the kickstand switch? If its the ECU how would i determine that and would i need a new one? Gas is fresh so dont think thats it. Thanks for all your help guys.

Sounds like kickstand switch to this non-expert. Vibrations get just right, it trips and the bike shuts down. Sorry, I dunno how to bypass it to test.

I have seen this 3 times now and twice it was on a 2001 busa.

Check or replace the fuel pump relay swith, its right by the battery and can be done in a parking lot with the tools in the kit.

I know from experience you see.

Just try one from a buddies bike if possible, good way to troubleshoot without spending alot. I think the part is only 30-40 anyways.

Back