Shutting off

teeboz

Registered
Hey guys have 1999 busa had to raise gas tank to repair burnt stator wires. Now bike starts then shuts off within a minute or so. After waiting fifteen minutes bike will start and shut off like before. Anyone have any idea on where to start looking for the problem? I already made sure lines where not kinked.

How does it run when it starts? Does it die or just shut off quickly?

Bike starts fine, then shuts down like out of gas. BTW: The fuel pump is external for this year bike.

Okay - so silly stuff first... is the idle good or too low? Also, melted Stator Wires? Have a look at your rectifier as well... check and make sure that the plug and wires aren't burned there...

i would also check the stator...make sure it isnt melted.

Come on internet trouble shooters, kinked fuel line :whistle:

Check again brother, and if you can visually inspect with the tank lowered.

Glad you got it. Did you inspect the hose ? Lots of heat under the tank and the bike is 15 years old. Did you trim some of the hose off before putting it back on ?

Glad you got it. Did you inspect the hose ? Lots of heat under the tank and the bike is 15 years old. Did you trim some of the hose off before putting it back on ?

Thanks checked all the hoses and everything looked good. Just have to change out the air filter.

Hello,

a few ideas

1. Fuel Filters clean? You have 2 Filters
2. You have the right Fuel Lines? 1999 Busas have a Problem with the Fuel Lines.. You need the from a 2000-2007 Busa
Part Number Suzuki
Leading 44433-24F10
Return 15801-24F10
3. FuelPump works good?
4. Rust in the Tank? -> best Idea.. You install a Tank from 2000-2014 an a Pump from 2001-2007.. Tank from GEN I and GEN II are the same... FuelPump 2001-2007 You have 4 cable and 2008-today you have 3 cable. The mounting points (FuelPump) are the same...

I hope i could help you

Greetz

Back