Need a little Help

busamac1300

Registered
01 Busa PCIII K&N filter dual shorty megaphones. The issue I am having is when riding the bike it will shut down and then kick back on. RPM will go to zero and jump back up. I started to look at the gages when it did it and it was pretty consistent when I went over 65 it would shut down and then kick back on. If I stayed below 65 it never shuts off. I am lost on what could cause this. Any clue guys?????????

PC has been on the bike for 2 years. Have been having this problem for a while. It doesnt do it all the time. I just got the headers and the shortys put on.

Not saying it is causing your issue, but if the map has a bad spot I think it could be part of it. Others with much more knowledge should chime in.

Any other issues? Throw any codes? Have you checked all fuses and battery voltage? This is just all common stuff to cover before you dig deeper.

How high do you rev when you ride? Are you sure it is speed related and not RPM related? Or gear related? Just a few more thoughts....

code is -C00 thats good, battery is charged all the way. Just got the exhaust installed on Thursday had a compression and leakdown test done it was good. Plugs are good. I dont ride hard, hardly ever go over 7k rpm. The other stuff I dont know much about. Got it hooked up now, going to put a zero map on it and see what she does.

Didnt shut off, but again it doesnt do it all the time anyway. Is it possible it could be an electrical problem? Or does it sound more like a mapping issue?

id recommend taking the pc off untill u can get it dyno'd...the maps you find online are by other users and not from dyno tune anyway

Check your kickstand cut off switch. Your problem sounds like the same that I had about 7-8 months ago.

Back