Showing off causes death

When I took Maui to San Jose Harley dealer my friend asked me why I didn't go on the End of Year motorcycle run which is held by the Ghost Mountain motorcycle club of Santa Cruz,any ways I found out the next day from my buddy that his friend went to the run and rode thru Hwy 9 between Alice to Saratoga on his Harley doing 85+ and passed two Harley riders and these two riders got pissed and showed him up and passed him doing 95+mph and sure enough here comes a sweeping curve,the one Harley rider made the curve and his buddy didn't went head on into a car cut his leg right off and the guy bleed to death waiting for the EMT's which took 15 minutes to show up.So the bottom line is if you're going to speed do it on the track,second if you come on a accident in which a motorcyclist has lost a limb or leg stop the bleeding by using your belt or tee-shirt.Take a Red Cross safety class and learn how to use first aid.The other riders that came on the scene did not know how to use first aid which could have saved his life.I didn't get the full details of the accident but bottom line showing off could take your life.

sorry to hear about that Cisco. You're right about knowing first aid though. I'm current in cpr. I know that's not much. Had to use it about 6 months ago. Lady collapsed on the side of the road. Massive heart attack. I gave it my best effort. She died any way.

Well from experience from riding bikes for 28 years and being a Firefighter/EMT I think I can honestly say that showing off can cause injury and death but so can alot of other things.Sorry to hear about the death of another rider.I have seen alot of riders go down because of alot of reason(oil,bad tires,other drivers,other riders,riding above their abilties and so on.Just be as safe as possible and keep the rubber down.

Cisco you're right that everyone has a responsibility to know more than how to put a bandaid on. A lot of us have aging parents that we spend time with. God help you if your Dad collapses in front of you and you don't know CPR.

As for showing off, it's kind of in the character makeup of everyone chooses to ride, so it's not something you can teach or tell a person not to do. Who among us doesn't enjoy pummelling the poop out of a Porsche? Giving the girls a little wheely? But my experience with motorcycle deaths tells me that you're correct to remind us about this. Showing off is usually involved in one form or another whenever there's blood and mayhem on two wheels.

Someone hitting an on-coming car going
90mph or so probably hit with so much
impact that there were associated injuries
along with the "torn off" leg.
First aid is good to know but I doubt it
would have saved this fellow

Did anyone in the car get hurt? People in cars can get hurt pretty bad by running into a deer. I imagine that hitting a 95 mph Harley head on could cause real damage to car occupants.

Back